1:24 Scale B-Wing **Completed**

I downloaded the same model off of CGTrader along with the Y-Wing. Even though I have a Elegoo Mars, I'm going to wait until I get the Saturn when it comes out and the price calms down.

What scale did you print yours at skahtul ?

TazMan2000

Sweet, I ordered the Mars Pro, it should be here on the 21st so I have my time off all planned out over Christmas :)

I scaled it to 295%. In talking with the guy who made the files, 300% was 1:24 scale which is what I was going for to match my others. There were a few parts that would not fit on the print bed, so I backed it off just a bit to avoid slicing up some of the more complicated parts.

Sweet, I ordered the Mars Pro, it should be here on the 21st so I have my time off all planned out over Christmas :)

I scaled it to 295%. In talking with the guy who made the files, 300% was 1:24 scale which is what I was going for to match my others. There were a few parts that would not fit on the print bed, so I backed it off just a bit to avoid slicing up some of the more complicated parts.

295% would hardly be noticed and who knows if the guy who made it, is exact on his numbers. Thanks.
I'm using my vacation time now since there was no where to go earlier in the year...not that there is anywhere to go now either except my workshop. :D

TazMan2000

295% would hardly be noticed and who knows if the guy who made it, is exact on his numbers. Thanks.
I'm using my vacation time now since there was no where to go earlier in the year...not that there is anywhere to go now either except my workshop. :D

TazMan2000

I hear that, pretty much been the same case for me :)

All the major parts have been printed. I was finally able to adjust and calibrate everything to print all the difficult parts flawlessly. I have a good amount of vacation coming up in a few weeks so I should really be able to make a lot of progress here.

Also, a sneak peek of a test print for an upcoming project, 1/34 scale... :)

20201216_221240.jpg

All the major parts have been printed. I was finally able to adjust and calibrate everything to print all the difficult parts flawlessly. I have a good amount of vacation coming up in a few weeks so I should really be able to make a lot of progress here.

Also, a sneak peek of a test print for an upcoming project, 1/34 scale... :)

View attachment 1379100
Razor Crest!!(y)

Those are the small wing guns and the nose of Razor Crest:D
Razor Crest!!(y)
You sir, are a machine!

We all know our star wars, check! :)

StevenBills
I have something cool, I think anyway, planned for the Razer Crest build. I pre-ordered the black series helmet, plan to make his rifle (I am testing printing a few parts for that now) and I picked up a few collectibles to make a bit of an homage to that show as me and the kids are really enjoying it. I also have 1/34 Slave 1 files so I would like to display along with the Razor...

My daughter is also into Pirates so we are building a Black Pearl model right now and I have some cool lighting and display ideas for that as well.

I also purchased the files below and I plan to print it at 1/72 which is a perfect fit for the Bandai Snow Speeders, could be a cool project there also. Now that I think about it, I still have my 1/72 Falcon to build and AT_ST files that I can print at 1/72, that sounds like a fun project!

AT_AT.PNG

But, this is all about the B-Wing. I just placed an order for the etched plaque and a semi-unique wall mount for this build as I am running out of table and shelf space :)

We all know our star wars, check! :)

StevenBills
I have something cool, I think anyway, planned for the Razer Crest build. I pre-ordered the black series helmet, plan to make his rifle (I am testing printing a few parts for that now) and I picked up a few collectibles to make a bit of an homage to that show as me and the kids are really enjoying it. I also have 1/34 Slave 1 files so I would like to display along with the Razor...

My daughter is also into Pirates so we are building a Black Pearl model right now and I have some cool lighting and display ideas for that as well.

I also purchased the files below and I plan to print it at 1/72 which is a perfect fit for the Bandai Snow Speeders, could be a cool project there also. Now that I think about it, I still have my 1/72 Falcon to build and AT_ST files that I can print at 1/72, that sounds like a fun project!

View attachment 1379371

But, this is all about the B-Wing. I just placed an order for the etched plaque and a semi-unique wall mount for this build as I am running out of table and shelf space :)

Excellent news concerning all of those projects!! And yes, if in need of space, walls, ceiling, floor will do the trick:p(y)

I just got my anycubic chiron today,due to realizing that big parts are not easy to print with a small bed :rolleyes:

SKAHTUL witch slave1 files did you get?

I just got my anycubic chiron today,due to realizing that big parts are not easy to print with a small bed :rolleyes:

SKAHTUL witch slave1 files did you get?

Yes, that can be a challenge and an issue for sure.

Search on the Gambody site for Slave 1, the files look spot on so far.

So I have this file set too. Being that studio was 1/34 for this one what scale percentage did you use.

Nice!

Correct, on the scale but in my case, I made an adjustment so that it would match my 1:24 scale X-Wing and Tie Interceptor. I talked to the guy who put out the files and he said the correct % would be 300 to achieve the 1:24 scale. From what I have been able to when comparing it to my Bandai, it seems accurate.

So what would 1/34 be? I sent Chris a message haven't heard back. I know Marcel is producing physical versions of his stuff. I have 2 Saturns and 2 mars pro 2 so gonna bang this out in one go.

200% would be 1/36 so will just roll with that

Last edited:
So what would 1/34 be? I sent Chris a message haven't heard back. I know Marcel is producing physical versions of his stuff. I have 2 Saturns and 2 mars pro 2 so gonna bang this out in one go.

200% would be 1/36 so will just roll with that

I was trying to figure out how this would scale one way or another, but I am not sure... I need to do a bit more research on how to figure out the best way to scale the prints up or down.

Okay, it's been a minute since I worked on the actual project for this post. I have been trying too many things with my new resin printer and I have been crazily sidetracked with getting a bunch of projects off the ground and not finishing any of them :)

I have also really struggled with the wings on this, I am attempting a new print right now so hopefully, it will work this time, 5th times a charm?

But, the major parts are here so let's get to work!

20210126_202625.jpg

20210130_164110.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back