1:24 ROTJ A-wing kit?

Carnet

I've seen the McQuarrie concept/TLJ 1:24 A-wing kit, but I've never seen any of the ROTJ A-wings available. Is anyone aware of a kit producer that does an a-wing at 1:24?

Just realized that this might be the wrong forum for this question seeing that the ROTJ a-wing studio scale model is much larger than 1:24

I believe that Alfred Wong mastered an 1/24 A-wing.
It was made more accurate by someone else and this version was produced by Modelnutz i believe.

I believe that Alfred Wong mastered an 1/24 A-wing.
It was made more accurate by someone else and this version was produced by Modelnutz i believe.

I think that I have found a kit producer on modeler magic, just waiting to hear back. Thanks for the info.

I think that I have found a kit producer on modeler magic, just waiting to hear back. Thanks for the info.

Be careful if you want an accurate kit - I started building this one years ago and ended up cutting centimeter or so from the rear fuselage and engines. The whole rear fuselage section between the engines is too long compared to the forward 'trapezoidal' section, which also affects the engines and vertical wings. The cockpit is totally off, as are the panel lines and many details and the guns are way oversized.
This reminds me... Another kit I should go back to and finish years after starting it... :$

Be careful if you want an accurate kit - I started building this one years ago and ended up cutting centimeter or so from the rear fuselage and engines. The whole rear fuselage section between the engines is too long compared to the forward 'trapezoidal' section, which also affects the engines and vertical wings. The cockpit is totally off, as are the panel lines and many details and the guns are way oversized.
This reminds me... Another kit I should go back to and finish years after starting it... :$

Good to know, Do you have the Ed Holt kit?

Good to know, Do you have the Ed Holt kit?

Yes it´s the Ed Holt kit. I have to say that Ed is super nice to deal with. :thumbsup

I wanted to link to an old build thread showing my modifications, but the pictures don´t work anymore - THANK YOU photobucket! :facepalm

Yes it´s the Ed Holt kit. I have to say that Ed is super nice to deal with. :thumbsup

I wanted to link to an old build thread showing my modifications, but the pictures don´t work anymore - THANK YOU photobucket! :facepalm

You know, It's funny...I could tell in the pictures on Modeler Magic that it looked too long, only just a little bit. Even though it's not 100% accurate, I am going to pick up the kit as it is the only one I have found in 1:24...or at least it's Ed is only person that has returned any of my inquires.

I have a chrome plug in that fixes the photobucket issue...I should be able to see them. I'd love to see what you did with it.

Edit: I found your thread, but there are no picture links at all. Oh well, if you figure out some way to share them I'd love to see it.

Last edited:
I think the Alfred Wong(Ed Holt )kit is a scaled up ertl/amt A-wing.
I don't know if the bandai kit is more accurate than the old ertl/amt kit or not but it could be a nice project to scale that one up and built a scratch A-wing yourself.
IF Ed Holt still produces this kit i would say go for it(quality castings!)
Ihave the Ed Holt kit and it looks more or less the part,..a nice representation anyway eventhough not screen accurate.

You know, It's funny...I could tell in the pictures on Modeler Magic that it looked too long, only just a little bit. Even though it's not 100% accurate, I am going to pick up the kit as it is the only one I have found in 1:24...or at least it's Ed is only person that has returned any of my inquires.

I have a chrome plug in that fixes the photobucket issue...I should be able to see them. I'd love to see what you did with it.

Edit: I found your thread, but there are no picture links at all. Oh well, if you figure out some way to share them I'd love to see it.

It´s strange that there are no signs of pictures left... Well maybe your repair tool can show the pictures in my build thread on a German forum.
I basically stopped building when the putty (Aves) I used for filling all wrong panel lines started crumbling when scribing over it. When I´ll get back to building the A-Wing, I´ll fill the panel lines with superglue which should be much more resilient when scribing over it.

BTW, shouldn´t this thread be in the "General Modeling" forum? A 1/24 A-Wing is far from Studi Scale...

It´s strange that there are no signs of pictures left... Well maybe your repair tool can show the pictures in my build thread on a German forum.
I basically stopped building when the putty (Aves) I used for filling all wrong panel lines started crumbling when scribing over it. When I´ll get back to building the A-Wing, I´ll fill the panel lines with superglue which should be much more resilient when scribing over it.

BTW, shouldn´t this thread be in the "General Modeling" forum? A 1/24 A-Wing is far from Studi Scale...

Yes. It should be in the General Modeling forum, I made a mistake...I mentioned that in my first post...the mods are welcome to move it.

The pictures are all there! Thanks!

Man, you're not kidding...that's a lot of work!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back