1/24 BSG Viper - Details Forum

t2sides

Master Member
As I am getting ready to start on the Frank n' Moe Viper, I thought those of us working on this fantastic model could use this thread as the location to post those little details many of us are so anal about.

In doing some homework prepping for this thing (reviewing screen caps and images), I have found the following details to share, and was hoping others have found additional cool details that can be added to this model.

I'm hoping the pics below will help with things like the engine 'hoses and wires' details, the additional cockpit items, the 'gray' panels on the bottom, etc...

Let's have some FUN..

[attachmentid=4020]
[attachmentid=4021]
[attachmentid=4022]
[attachmentid=4024]
[attachmentid=4025]

The last image is a screen cap from one of the video blogs on SciFi channel site.

Cheers.
-Sean
http://squaremodels.com

These are so frackin' cool. :D Gotta throw a BSG reference in. I'm VERY interested in picking one of these Mk. II Vipers up each time I look at 'em. Looks like an all-around superb kit. I thought about taking some creative liberties with one the paint scheme and doing a military low-vis grey... something kind of like an F/A-18 or an F-14.

Definately a good idea to get a referance for
this ship . If you need more screen caps just
ask as I have all the way up to Season 2 burned
to DVD... ;)

I just wish I'd had time to take detailed photos of the full size mockup when I was on the set. . .

Oh well. Thank goodness we have plenty of good reference on these, thanks Lee S. :)

One thing to note is that the the side detailing on the top engine actaully has TWO thick pipes running along side and that the heat dissipation vents are placed in a kind of "every-other" pattern. :)

/Joe F

Here's what 'joatrash' is talking about.

[attachmentid=4034]

Originally posted by joatrash@Sep 20 2005, 02:59 AM
One thing to note is that the the side detailing on the top engine actaully has TWO thick  pipes running along side and that the heat dissipation vents are placed in a kind of "every-other" pattern.  :) 

/Joe F
[snapback]1080152[/snapback]​

Ohh, and don't forget about this little baby. I see it all the time in more recent episodes.

Wolvster, can you check your screen caps and see if it's "under" the wings also??

[attachmentid=4035]

I have one on order from Frank in the 1/24 but have been working on one in 1/48 with custom made decals from STModeler. I also had him make up the kill's some weeks ago but not as small as they showed last night and was put in a different spot.

I have spoke with Dave and he has the decals for Franks or Robs Viper at 5.00 including shipping for the kills on the side, and here is just a small shot of my Viper with the rails for the cockpit not finished as of yet, let me know what you all think of the design..Kev

If I put it in the wrong place, just having fun..Kev :angel

Superb job, Mustang. Especially the nose-art and the different paint scheme. Looks great. As I said before, I'd like to do one in kind of a low-vis grey, like on our modern military fighters... only problem is, I'm having trouble getting one, as (I suppose) they're in such high demand. I can't get one in any of the scales, 1/24, 1/48 (the one I really want) and 1/72. Grr.

I have only seen the 1/72's in photos and that is it but thanks, I was telling STModeler to me the Battleship's would be like our aircraft carriers, they should all have there own style of strips and markings, I did add a few decals from my stack of extras, such as over the guns it has the sticker "No Step" and back of the engine, the Danger blast, I still cant wait to get my hands on the 1/24, I have a major idea for the color..Kev :)

btw, you do know there is a 1/24 MarkVII coming as well..Kev :D

I also added a blue beacon on the rear, why, in space it is pitch black unless your near a sun or something like that and if you are coming up from behind it would let you know top from bottom, the hardest thing was the color of the figure, I mixed 80 to 85% med. green and 10 to 15% brass and it come out close, maybe not dark enough... :eek

Dang, 'Stang. Nice work on that Viper. Is that the SciFi models MkII? Also, you mentioned decals for Frank's 1/24 MkII. Is that just kill markings, or is it a full sheet with the markings for the other pilots like Apollo, or Cmdr. Adama?
Thanks.

That one is the little one, am still waiting on the 1/24 and I have some killer ideas for the markings on it, the 5.00 is for the I think the kills and the little round birds on the wings, he also did custom names for me on the side. Am not sure what a full set would run but will find out and he will do custom work in any color and design and is great to work with, I have a set also made for another done in a dark purple with gold edges on the sides, and thanks, I love the way it turned out, still cant wait for the big one to show up..Kev :)
And it is finished.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back