1:1 Scale Jurassic Park Tyrannosaurus Rex Bust Completed!

yankeetrex

Just like the blue bust I recently printed, I plan on Printing this in a large scale as well. I've had this project on the back burner for some time, but felt it was time to give it some love. Currently working on adding each scale 1 by 1. My wrist hurts,haha. I'll continue to update the thread with in progress shots, Keyshot renders, and finally with the printed piece. Once this is done, I think my time with the Jurassic Park Tyrannosaurus is over for good!

e5ma4un.jpg

8hxTQTG.jpg

TBk6I0A.jpg

Last edited:
The Sculpt is finished and the print is about 45 percent done, here are some pics of the final model....

L1wMPzD.jpg

omHz87Y.jpg

Here is the Print, first Pics are of just the snout so you can see the printed detail...

XijqXZX.jpg

79lSSb2.jpg

Quick Pic with me for scale....

zYHFpqi.jpg

I should have the lower jaw done by the end of the weekend, then the neck and of to seam filling, sanding and painting! Thinking about cutting out my sculpted eyes and inserting glass or acrylic.

this is incredible work, those prints a pretty huge and clean, wouldnt mind knowing what printer you use, also love the t-shirt,
from another fellow jp fan

this is incredible work, those prints a pretty huge and clean, wouldn't mind knowing what printer you use, also love the t-shirt,
from another fellow jp fan

Thank you! Its a Creality Cr10S, it really amazes me how well this prints. For the 550 I paid for it, I think it has already paid back in spades.

Very nice job and quite impressive. However, I can't help but to wonder if perhaps the skull is a bit too narrow in the back where the eyes are. I say this because in real life, the T. rex's skull was quite wide at the eyes and, as a result, it had very forward facing eyes. As it is now, its eye facing is more like an allosaur than tyrannosaur, but I don't know if the T. rex in the movie was like that or not.

Very nice job and quite impressive. However, I can't help but to wonder if perhaps the skull is a bit too narrow in the back where the eyes are. I say this because in real life, the T. rex's skull was quite wide at the eyes and, as a result, it had very forward facing eyes. As it is now, its eye facing is more like an allosaur than tyrannosaur, but I don't know if the T. rex in the movie was like that or not.

This is a casting of the Original JP Rex head used in a traveling exhibit.......I think what I did was pretty close, but maybe it could have used a bit more widening?

1411992437055_wps_77_BNPS_co_uk_01202_558833_P.jpg

This is a casting of the Original JP Rex head used in a traveling exhibit.......I think what I did was pretty close, but maybe it could have used a bit more widening?

Yeah, I think that it could be a tad wider although the casting is still a bit narrow for a T. rex, but matching the casting would be good enough.

For reference, this is how wide a T. rex's skull is and how forward facing their eyes were.
figure12b low.jpg

It's still a prop from a movie, you can match the fiction, the reality, or somewhere in between.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back