1:2 scale Hulk WIP

Discussion in 'Sculpture and Makeup Effects' started by grumble garage, May 16, 2012.

1. grumble garage

grumble garage Member

Here are some WIP images of my half scale Hulk. He is taking so much time, he is currently on hold until I get caught up with other obligations. He is based on the 2007/2008 movie version. After seeing the Avengers I think I'll need to make an alternate head so either version could be made.
    There is still a lot left to do.
    He has a wood, Styrofoam and wire armature. I keep running out of clay, that is why he is different colors. He will be cast when done. Plan on offering a bust section also. Not every one has the space for something like this, plus he won't be cheap.
    Some photos are with a half scale iron man (not mine, I'm painting it for a customer). It shows how large he is. He is 4 feet tall as he stands, which is crouched down. I estimated he is about 9 feet tall in the movie based on screen grabs of him next to real actors.
    Comments and constructive criticism welcome. I know he needs more bulk in several areas.
    thanks,
    Dan

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  2. grumble garage

grumble garage Member

There is actually a little more work done on him then the previous photos. While working on his open hand the armature I made inside the arm and hand started to come apart. So right now his left arm is off and needs some repair.

3. Dericrw

Dericrw Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Looks amazing! Talk about going through some clay.... I'm definately partial to the Avenger version. So that would be nice to see that option

4. made007

made007 Sr Member

Wow, thats cool looking hulk, and its biiiiiigggg! LOL

5. r3n2o

r3n2o New Member

Amazing work. I was wondering what did you use for the teeth?

6. Xosmi

Xosmi New Member

Nice looking hulk so far :D shame about the left hand, i hope you won't have muh trouble fixing that.
    keep the updates coming when you have then, i'd like to see more :)

7. grumble garage

grumble garage Member

I sculpted the teeth first in super sculpy and I used acrylic hemispheres for the eyes. For me it is easier to have those items rigid so they don't move when I'm working the clay.

8. boons888

boons888 New Member

what kind of chrome paint did you use on that 1.2 scale iron man?

9. NotThePerfume

NotThePerfume New Member

Woow... just wow.

10. jagz

jagz New Member

AWESOME.. AWESOME.. AWESOME.. crap stuck on one thought! You sir are a genious XD

11. gobelas

gobelas New Member

Awesome job!!!!

12. grumble garage

grumble garage Member

The iron man is vaccu-metalized, same process as "chroming" plastic, like tail lights, except one extra step to make it gold. I'm using the Krylon x-metals red over it and it is looking good. Only did the hands and one arm so far.... need to finish that project too.

Hulk is still on hold, may not get back to it until August.

Thanks for the kind remarks.

13. Rymo

Rymo Well-Known Member

Looks great!

14. sonicprops

sonicprops Active Member

awesome!!! it is amazing i want one in my garden to ward of burglars.