1/144 Bandai Slave 1

NebBen

Since I cant use an airbrush at the moment I decided to tacle this build with spray cans only. Thought it was a fun idea, at first...
IMG_20211207_103210.jpg
IMG_20211207_093148.jpg
IMG_20211207_115029.jpg

Last edited:
The biggest problem with spray cans is trying to find the right colors since you can't custom mix them

Looks like you did pretty good

You can use the "sponge" method to add some transition from the red to pink color along the edges of the panel chipping (basically tear a piece of sponge and dip it in the paint and kind of blot it on)

example before...

41356664492_8e8c6633b5_k.jpg

and after

41356672432_6465a4e205_k.jpg

You can also use the "toothbrush splatter" method for the dark green porsche fender part the side

put some thin paint on the toothbrush and lightly flick it with your fingers to get those random spatters

Nice work (y)
Thank you very much.

The biggest problem with spray cans is trying to find the right colors since you can't custom mix them

Looks like you did pretty good

You can use the "sponge" method to add some transition from the red to pink color along the edges of the panel chipping (basically tear a piece of sponge and dip it in the paint and kind of blot it on)

example before...

View attachment 1518964

and after

View attachment 1518965

You can also use the "toothbrush splatter" method for the dark green porsche fender part the side

put some thin paint on the toothbrush and lightly flick it with your fingers to get those random spatters
Thank you very much for thoose suggestions, I did not thought about them for this build.

Look like your Slave 1 will be wonderfull, do you have a thread for it ?

Despite the Slave 1 being very weathered in the Mandalorian I am going for subtle staining that I will fade even more.

I also have moded the kit parts for the ramp to be more accurate to the show, will try to get a good picture at some point.

IMG_20211209_092416.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back