1/12th Scale Rancor Resin Printed

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

korben44

Sr Member
I love this scan of the EMT/Ertl kit of the Rancor. I have a printer big enough to do a proper 1/12th scale version, although I'll need a different shelf to put it on.

PSX_20211010_101010.jpg

I have a bunch of trophies to make, but I will be updating this thread with my slow progress. I'm excited to get to paint this! The level of detail is amazing.

PSX_20211010_101104.jpg
PSX_20211010_101152.jpg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Analyzer

Master Member
Instead of having to reprint, can you fill it with something (that expanding insulation foam) or even just pour some printer resin on the inside walls and use a UV flashlight to harden it, or maybe both?

Hate to see such a nice print go to waste

korben44

Sr Member
Instead of having to reprint, can you fill it with something (that expanding insulation foam) or even just pour some printer resin on the inside walls and use a UV flashlight to harden it, or maybe both?

Hate to see such a nice print go to waste
There are just a few small holes that I'll just repair. I'm not letting this big of a print go to waste...lol... It was, surprisingly, under $3 worth of resin.

Analyzer

Master Member
Looking forward to the paint job

As a side note, how have you been filling the gaps in the prints? Do you use the printer resin or something like apoxie sculpt or something else?

korben44

Sr Member
Love watching this coming together Kris “good stuff” !:D.... and those DragonBall characters in the background have me intrigued as well !(y)
Thanks Ged! I'm excited to get started painting...lol... it's certainly a test of my will strength. Patience goes a long way in the model building world...lol...

Oh, those Goku prints are part of trophies I'm making for an arm wrestling tournament.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.