1/12 3d printed Enfys Nest Skyblade 330 from Han Solo Movie ( FINISHED)

Tanolucas

I consider myself a fan of all the speeders in the Star Wars universe, so I must say that as soon as I saw the concepts of what the vehicles of the Han Solo movie would be, I was delighted with several of them.
I was able to build the M-68 and now I want to start with Enfys Nest's Skyblade 330 swoop bike.
And that's just the beginning, i plan to do most of the swoop bikes of the entire cloud raider band. Surely I will continue with the Skyblade 221, which is the bike that has a sidecar, that model totally blew my mind and so on until I completed the 4 or 5 main models of this band.

The skyblade 330 appears in several images on the net, according to wookipedia, it measures 7.62 meters long by 2.94 meters high, really, a very important size for being a speeder bike.
These data are contradictory if we compare it with the size of the Hasbro black series models, which are close to 1/12 scale, in this case, the model is 50 cm long (20 inches), this measurement scaled to 1 / 1 would leave us a total length of 6 meters. approx.
feel free to correct me if I am wrong in what I said about the scale.

I started at the front, with the control surfaces arranged in a triangular configuration. I took many references from the net and I want to get as close as possible to the real model of the movie.

jBUJcDr.jpg

ZE3ahzx.jpg

Any similarity was pure coincidence ...
6T8b82u.jpg

I was able to finish all the modeling of the front end, including the front of the engine too.
YcNWtXX.jpg

EsCi0Uw.jpg

front of the engine and control board.
lb9HTse.jpg

heat exchanger and sensor
Whafrey.jpg

Side Antenas
uYP2CTc.jpg

Y7BzGn1.jpg

fRD9Oxx.jpg

Front shield
fIUXrNs.jpg

Front fuelcell
CvcycEo.jpg

All front engine together
LRTPSlf.jpg

eLcZglx.jpg

VG6KDrW.jpg

E7ciMpl.jpg

N2E86hd.jpg

Coming next, the rear of the engine and covers.

Last edited:
I consider myself a fan of all the speeders in the Star Wars universe, so I must say that as soon as I saw the concepts of what the vehicles of the Han Solo movie would be, I was delighted with several of them.
I was able to build the M-68 and now I want to start with Enfys Nest's Skyblade 330 swoop bike.
And that's just the beginning, i plan to do most of the swoop bikes of the entire cloud raider band. Surely I will continue with the Skyblade 221, which is the bike that has a sidecar, that model totally blew my mind and so on until I completed the 4 or 5 main models of this band.

The skyblade 330 appears in several images on the net, according to wookipedia, it measures 7.62 meters long by 2.94 meters high, really, a very important size for being a speeder bike.
These data are contradictory if we compare it with the size of the Hasbro black series models, which are close to 1/12 scale, in this case, the model is 50 cm long (20 inches), this measurement scaled to 1 / 1 would leave us a total length of 6 meters. approx.
feel free to correct me if I am wrong in what I said about the scale.

I started at the front, with the control surfaces arranged in a triangular configuration. I took many references from the net and I want to get as close as possible to the real model of the movie.

View attachment 1457013

View attachment 1457014

Any similarity was pure coincidence ...
View attachment 1457015

I was able to finish all the modeling of the front end, including the front of the engine too.
View attachment 1457016

View attachment 1457017

front of the engine and control board.
View attachment 1457018

heat exchanger and sensor
View attachment 1457019

Side Antenas
View attachment 1457020
View attachment 1457021
View attachment 1457022

Front shield
View attachment 1457023

Front fuelcell
View attachment 1457024

All front engine together
View attachment 1457025

View attachment 1457026

View attachment 1457027
View attachment 1457028
View attachment 1457029

Coming next, the rear of the engine and covers.
Nice work. Gives me more of a T-16 vibe than the imperial shuttle.
Cheers,
Josh

As someone who really enjoyed Solo (there, I said it), I'm looking forward to seeing how this one turns out!

I thought it was great to. Was really disappointed they dont seem to be continuing the story.

On the other hand I fell asleep in The Last Jedi and cant be bothered finishing the sequel triliogy.
I tried starting again with the Force Awakens but just couldn't get there, i liked the actors but the story just wasn't there for me.
On the other hand loved Rogue one, Loved Solo, The Mandalorian has been up there for me with the greatest series Ive ever seen so I thought they nailed it with those programs. They felt like Star Wars to me.
Its only personal taste though.

Cheers,
Josh

I thought it was great to. Was really disappointed they dont seem to be continuing the story.

On the other hand I fell asleep in The Last Jedi and cant be bothered finishing the sequel triliogy.
I tried starting again with the Force Awakens but just couldn't get there, i liked the actors but the story just wasn't there for me.
On the other hand loved Rogue one, Loved Solo, The Mandalorian has been up there for me with the greatest series Ive ever seen so I thought they nailed it with those programs. They felt like Star Wars to me.
Its only personal taste though.

Cheers,
Josh
I totally agree with what you say about Rogue one, solo and the Mandalorian, I think they are very good examples of what a Star Wars movie should be.
Cheers!

Updates on 3d modeling.

I was able to finish the back of the engine, adding quite a bit of detail to it.
When I design models for print, I always do it with post-processing in mind, that's why I add the details as individual pieces, rather than incorporating them into the main model. This allows surfaces to be worked with putty and sandpaper more freely, without fear of ruining any detail.

Some detail pieces first.
RuQjnaW.jpg

9sLc09b.jpg

j5hFnon.jpg

Back part of the engine
hgMGFpG.jpg

AdjnHhW.jpg

Here with the details attached at front.
0D55rlD.jpg

Engine Nozzle
O87AhnS.jpg

h9j6jvA.jpg

All together.
qaf9cCb.jpg

n08Gv82.jpg

K6lwTcT.jpg

0hrSg1e.jpg

MNfHmQx.jpg

tZD3H4o.jpg

Cheers!!!

Some design updates

I Complete the pistons of the control surfaces, together with the handlebar, it will be connected to a shaft that will allow it to move back and forth, like the real model.

SNzUQuZ.jpg

NY97wv2.jpg

Then design the bottom and top covers. To support the bottom cover, also add the foot rest.
345Hqrn.jpg

ioBoirY.jpg

Ndyaaxz.jpg

kAzvzDL.jpg

SQSqExb.jpg

Top Cover
SH1qz55.jpg

0Ljnjyp.jpg

vJS9vbS.jpg

gjVqGK3.jpg

Thats all for now.

I finished the design stage, I did a double check to make sure that all the pieces are well placed and there are no problems in the mesh or overlaps, apparently everything is fine to continue with the printing stage.
During the next week I will be printing all the pieces to check tolerances and fittings.
Then comes the most complicated stage, putty and sandpaper to make the surfaces smooth and prepare everything for the painting stage.

The rear cover
It is a single piece, it contains all the marks to attach the smallest components, it also has the airbrake supports.
EBWzZl3.jpg

Airbrakes
r8BDvfP.jpg

Now on the model
ejENdA3.jpg

yBItaKx.jpg

B5tbnmH.jpg

Tail, seat and supports
nWHkmV0.jpg

77lFEEM.jpg

RKiOdon.jpg

Side components
OYU3nt9.jpg

prUvXwF.jpg

Finished virtual model.
C3ZjHJy.jpg

tDraZ0p.jpg
7AQAnrL.jpg

QBe6lMR.jpg

WHadM0D.jpg

Cya!

Nice modeling. Want to see how this one turns out in physical form. What kind of printer(s) will you be using for the parts?

That looks really good. Nice work.
Thank you very much Delano

Nice modeling. Want to see how this one turns out in physical form. What kind of printer(s) will you be using for the parts?
Thanks Hagoth, I think the ideal would be to print everything on a resin printer, here in Argentina, I really don't have access to that type of printer, I could buy it, but the supplies are very expensive, so I'm going to use my FDM printer and then I'm going to work the surfaces as best I can to erase the damn print marks. I got a self-leveling resin that does the job quite well, mostly for the smaller and more detailed pieces.
For the larger, less detailed parts, I'm going to use putty and sandpaper. So I don't lose the habit of sanding. :rolleyes:

I started with the printing stage, I already have some pieces. I decided to print them in a color that does not attract attention at all, I consider that using a very discreet color makes the finishing stage easier ........... :rolleyes:..

Honestly, it is the only color I got in enough quantity to print the complete bike. :confused:

The pieces that are in these photos do not have any sanding or cleaning treatment, all of them must be sanded to remove excess plastic, supports, etc., they are as they came out of the printer.

0NHC8HR.jpg

fQJ0PdM.jpg

dRsARSC.jpg

gteOLSn.jpg

k6Hw7if.jpg

AWFPbPz.jpg

PGjd6W9.jpg

xGlw6Uv.jpg

3qokFWI.jpg

fB2jV0L.jpg

tcnnJqv.jpg

HHNyOAF.jpg

Cya!

Beginning to take shape! Nice base prints so far. Interested to see how the self leveling resin smooths out the surfaces.

Beginning to take shape! Nice base prints so far. Interested to see how the self leveling resin smooths out the surfaces.
Hi Hagoth. I finally decided to save the resin for another model, I think I will have better results applying it to organic models, also the price is quite high, so I will leave it for very small pieces or figures.
In this model, I will go with the sandpaper, putty and primer method.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back