1/12 3d printed Cloud Riders Skyblade 221 from Han Solo Movie

Tanolucas

While I finished painting the Enfys vehicle, I started to design the second Cloud Riders bike, to be honest, this is the one I like the most of the whole band, it is the Skyblade 221, for those who saw the movie, it is the one with the sidecar.
It is just a little shorter than the Enfys bike, it is around 6 meters. long.

This photo belongs to the book Art Of Solo: A star wars story
8HuFL10.png

Luckily for me, it shares several components with the M-68, the most important of which are the engines. Here you can see it.
ElGyxry.png

Obviously I'll use the ones I made for my previous project, the M-68 in 1/12 ..... I don't even have to scale them .... hahaha ...
kKf9BNn.jpg

xPTukmD.jpg

Surely, this project will go slower than the previous one because I already have to start working and I won't have so much free time.

Until now, I only present the engines, adjusting the height and distance according to the reference photos and make the sidecar shell.

43ZwnIo.jpg

766DG7n.jpg
pNVNJUC.jpg
ghVT75a.jpg
mCoRPB6.jpg
0NcZnaL.jpg
zAKfR6W.jpg

Thats all for now.
Cya!

I continue with the modeling, now it is the turn of the main body of the bike, the internal modeling of the engines and a little more detail of the sidecar. As for the internal modeling of the engines, I had to appeal to my imagination to do it since there are no photographs of the interior or cross sections to know what it is like. If any of you have internal photos or a cross section, please I ask you to contribute to the cause.

Engines detail
Keh9rp1.jpg

pnFidma.jpg

Main body
pgZFWwb.jpg

frRfISm.jpg

Sidecar engine detail
9cnbgnB.jpg

more details of the sidecar and general model as it is now
FnPdOrK.jpg
SvR0kNV.jpg
xpNj6qi.jpg
fk3vUNK.jpg
nCPyUoo.jpg

Cheers!

Very cool!
Thanks Analyzer

I think this will become another home-run (y) (y)
Hope it goes well

you do very nice work, cant wait to see more!
Thanks Td

Looks amazing! Where did you learn to get so good at CAD? What program is it?
Hello Murph, thank you for your words.
I always wanted to be able to design my own models from scratch and since my scratching skills are not as good as several colleagues present here in this forum, I dedicated myself to exploring the topic of 3d printing. I started practicing based on youtube video tutorials long before I bought the printer. My method, which I do not know if it is the best, was to set the objective of designing "x" model and solving the problems to do it one at a time.
The program I use is Fusion 360, I love that software.

Well, it's been some time since the last updates, but luckily, I was able to model several more parts of the vehicle.

Raw shape of seats

Main seat
5vMY4Bf.jpg

Sidecar seat
uCAJfcy.jpg

Front stabilizers
AEZq9su.jpg
kYl12hS.jpg
0AzNb1Y.jpg

Front components with and without cover
aGuRWQ9.jpg

cvnHbLW.jpg

Handlebar
BFYMpwL.jpg

Back side components
NYlwkIx.jpg

Front structure
Kf2vU87.jpg
tjWJ4Ix.jpg
Ag95U8i.jpg

All the progress until today
wUBBDKz.jpg
NucjOWc.jpg
68McJoQ.jpg
TJNHJGw.jpg
5p75h5i.jpg

Cya!!

I hope you make this available on your cgtrader account! I am finished printing the Skyblade 300... Like you, the current one you're working on is my favorite.

Wow...love it already :cool: :cool:
Thank you very much Joberg, you always present with good comments.

I hope you make this available on your cgtrader account! I am finished printing the Skyblade 300... Like you, the current one you're working on is my favorite.
Yes, of course Korben, when I finish it, I will place it in my CGtrader account. The idea will be to complete all the bikes of the Cloud Riders band.
I imagine that you are going to show us all the progress of assembling and painting the Skyblade 330 with a good post here in the forum.

Hello.
Time has passed since the last update, it is because my work occupations keep me somewhat away from the hobby; this project has taken a little longer than I expected.
Luckily, as long as I have some free time, I keep moving forward.

It is also true, that although at first, I thought that this model would be easier to make than the Enfis skyblade 330, I must say that I was wrong. There is much less information on the net about this model and I had to appeal a lot to my imagination to recreate the internal systems of the bike.

I could have left the interior without detailing and only recreate the shell, but it is not the case, I like to recreate my models as if they were a machine that really works, it also gives the possibility of displaying the internal parts. Anyway, let's go to the progress, which is what matters.

Detail of the chassis and internal components.
Think that all the electrical cables and pipes and fuel connections are missing. I recreate them later with real cables.

1mtdcur.jpg
0AjGgrZ.jpg
S3DoWKT.jpg
il7BTzt.jpg
iXZhSP2.jpg
hL27sub.jpg

This is the finished model, only a few small details are missing that I will add before 3d printing the test model.
K2ntxYx.jpg
sRkrqaE.jpg
opeongP.jpg
2QKIfUp.jpg

Comparison with the Skyblade 330
5TST9Z3.jpg
VXpCi0u.jpg
HOqGfDl.jpg
wlG3iIj.jpg
kabFnH0.jpg

Now I start the printing stage, to check that everything fits and can be printed correctly.
Cheers!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back