1/1 Yoda bust from Howard Studios

Originally posted by PHArchivist+Jan 30 2006, 04:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PHArchivist @ Jan 30 2006, 04:02 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-NoHumorMan
@Jan 30 2006, 01:57 PM
I would say that the hair is about right, I think it looks good and the eyes feel very realistic - are those glass eyes?

The paint job is pretty good, however, isn't the green a little pale - bordering on turquoise, or is that just the lighting causing that effect?  Though, the sheen on the face seems very life-like, with this slight shine, yet not glossy.  Excellent.

I really like the bust and you did a wonderful job on it.

Cheers.
[snapback]1171687[/snapback]​

IMO I think the green is pretty darn close. In screen-grabs from ESB, he does look quite pale (could be that heavy white studio lighting). Looks like Steve's got a touch of blue in there too...

A good way to make a Yoda paint-job go south fast is to make the green too rich...
[snapback]1171696[/snapback]​
[/b]
Either the Pal transfer or the color on my tv is wrong, but I have never seen Yoda with this type of green. But the newer photos look a lot better, imo. Very impressive and life-like.

Keep up the good work.

WOW Steve, thats actually not only your best paintjob, I think it´s one of the best paintjob I have ever seen on Howards Yoda.

Great work. :thumbsup

The thing about 'Yoda green' is, its such a difficult colour to match to the screen used puppet as it chages from scene to scene, depending upon lighting conditions, exposure, the format you are watching the movie on and many other variables. Even photos of props show huge differences in the green tones, ranging from very pale browny-green to darker sage green. Even photographing fanmade versions produces so many variables depending upon all these factors.

The only thing to be done IMO is to go with whatever look / colour you like best in person.

Anyway, this one looks really great, nice job. :thumbsup

Al

Wow guys, I'm floored.. I have been striving to get one of my paint jobs to get this kind of reaction for years. :) I appreciate all the kind words guys. They mean a lot.
The iris size is 13 or 14mm I believe.

i would say thats your best work to date, are the eyes just painted on?

its a yoda fest on here these days

keep em coming

z

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back