1:1 silicone Ledger DK Joker - NEW PICS!

darthwhitey

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys,

Well, it's been a labor of love but here is my 1:1 Dark Knight Heath Ledger Joker!

Sorry for the somewhat crappy pics. My basement is pretty dark, making picture taking tricky and I'm no photographer. :)

**The second to the last pic is the screen used costume for reference.

Bust:

Silicone with medical grade eyes and human wig. Custom sculpt and paint work by Bob Causey (bobbyc).

Clothing:

Indy Magnoli clothes and shoes. Screen accurate tie by Turnbull and Asser. Screen accurate socks by Tabio. 11mm screen accurate chain. Shirt, top coat and shoes custom weathered by lforigno here on the RPF.

Mannequin and Stand:

Mannequin by Palay Displays...

Flexible Mannequin - Male Athletic Flexible Mannequins - Poseable Flexible Mannequins

Custom metal stand commissioned for Bob Causey. It makes him look to be standing on his own.

A BIG THANKS TO ALL THE ARTISTS INVOLVED ON THIS PROJECT!

I'm kicking around new poses for the future. I've got some good ideas but welcome any feedback or constructive criticism.

thanks for looking!

brad

Last edited:
Re: 1:1 silicone Ledger DK Joker

Holy Moly Brad, this blew me away! I am an artist, and an above decent one at that, but can never comprehend how you guys sculpt so accurately. I can't sculpt for beans, and after seeing work this authentic i feel less like trying, haha. Beautiful work man, its spot on. I keep starring at it hoping it talks!

You are one lucky fella. Really is one of the best jokers out there.

As for a pose, i was going to pose mine pulling open the jacket with the grenade rig.
Would be quite tricky and not seen it done but man would it look awesome :)

Anything Bobby Causey will turn heads. Congrats on a fantastic edition!

Thanks Steve, I didn't notice it was the same as the 1:3 maquette but you're right! :)

MazAdamsArt...Thanks! All the props go to Bobby C and his amazing bust!

gypsycatcha...I've actually got that one in the works! :cool I think it could be really cool! Now that I'm finally done with the piece I can get to work on the grenade rig.

thanks guys!

brad

Incredible!! that's exactly what I'm trying to achieve. Congrats! Been looking around for a good flexible mannequin.

I suggest the pose of him holding knife or Joker card in his right hand.

Very very cool! Been thinking about doing something similar with my Bobby C Joker. Thanks for the mannequin link!

dude, put Heath's body back in the coffin.

leave the man alone!

ha ha just kidding.

That is so real looking. I mean, it looks like Heath came to your house for a quick photo op REAL.

amazing work.

Easily the best Joker to date....inspirational!!! Love Bobs work!
I'll have to agree! :eek

And I've probably given that same compliment to a previous Ledger/Joker, but the bar has definitely been raised on this one. You could have told me those were Heath Ledger, on-set, make-up test photos - - - & I would have believed you. :thumbsup :thumbsup

Wow! Paint me green with envy! That is an incredible looking life sized figure you put together Brad.

Now slap a pencil or some purple grenades in Heath's hand! ;)

I've been trying to think of a funny quip to say....but how can you joke about perfection :thumbsup

You spent a lot of your first post giving credit to the artists who created a lot of the pieces but you forgot yourself!
I saw this thing slowly get put together and it wasn't a easy process. Your attention to detail is phenomenal.

Thanks Thomas! :)

I couldn't have done it without help from you and Simmon M!

I've been trying to think of a funny quip to say....but how can you joke about perfection :thumbsup

You spent a lot of your first post giving credit to the artists who created a lot of the pieces but you forgot yourself!
I saw this thing slowly get put together and it wasn't a easy process. Your attention to detail is phenomenal.

WOW. I am speechless! This is amazing, and I agree with Nexus6 - You could have said these were real pics of Ledger and we would have all been fooled!

Way to go!

OK...I've been playing around with some poses.

Here he is with his weapon of choice....the menacing vegetable peeler! :)

I actually really like the look of this pose, it seems to fit the look on his face and I like the left hand grabbing on the jacket...it gives it something to do rather than just hang there. :lol

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back