1:1 Scale Jurassic Park Tyrannosaurus Rex Bust Completed!

Question about resin polishing.....So I went and made resin Eyeballs using a circular silicon ice mold I had. It picked up the texture of the ice mold since it didnt have a shine. How do I go about buffing the shine back in? Dremel with a polishing attachment? Buff with something like FLitz and a microfiber cloth? Pour another layer of resin on top of the piece? Wet sanding isn't really an option for me.

View attachment 1051301
Either will work. Best results If you have a Micromark Polishing kit or similar, where you can hand-sand ever finer grits and finish off with plastic polish. If you do use a dremel, 1. it's very messy and 2. be careful you don't get it hot (it'll melt or burn easily).

Looks like pouring another layer of resin was the answer! Super clear results now. Here is the result..... excuse my grumpy face, its a bit heavy and im holding it up with my arm,inside the back of the head,haha.

I made 3 different color eye sets, but the brighter yellow set won out. I wont make another dino head without making resin eyes from this point on, huge difference.

01dwV5D.jpg

jtQYr8O.jpg

j6s6nNh.jpg

ZInghT7.jpg

I can finally I'm happy with it. The paint work is done. I'm going to go outside around sunset to take some beauty shots, butnext step is to figure out how the hell to mount this thing. Its 100 Percent hollow except for where the parts connect. It weighs about 20 lbs.

kXeYcYD.jpg

F1lSy4q.jpg

72R4iio.jpg

Mount it with a bunch of broken drywall to look like it broke through the wall. That would be awesome!!! Or make a fake window like it can stick it's head out of the cage like at a petting zoo.

I call Bull s*%t.
You know you clubbed Steven Spielberg over the head and stole his Dino.
Come on...come clean.

I would totally hide that in the hedges around my house with a remote control roar. That way when the neighbor dog comes to take his morning dump in my yard, I would push the roar button to make sure he never wanted to come near my place again! LOL

Now that this project is done I can show you the Full Scale JP T-rex Bust that is being printed for DinoFest at the Los Angeles Museum of Natural History! It is being printed by Across the Board Creations in BC. As long as there are no snags, it Should be on display there this weekend. Very excited to see her!

4FEf0ZS.png

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back