1:1 'NOMAK' REAPER TORSO... TEASER!

Chewie15

Sr Member
Hi Everyone.

I wanted to show off my latest project... a 1:1 'Nomak' Reaper Torso. This is still super rough here... I'm going to ad a full right arm reaching out and when finished I want to try a transparent resin on this one. The teeth are going to be done in full dental acrylic and the eyes are being custom made to match Nomak's eyes to a 'T' :D
I also want to cut the bottom at a 45 degree and put this on my wall in my studio... perfect project to save on shelf space :)

reap1.jpg

reap2.jpg

reap3.jpg

reap4.jpg

I'll post progress as I get further... I have a lot of commission projects going right now, so this one will take some time.

H

With every new sculpt you keep getting better and better Howard. This has got to be your best to date and it looks like its going to be h-u-g-e. I love the pose and the way you positioned his head.

And your doing a full arm? This is going to be great. :)

Just for the record 'propsculptor' I am making a 'movie' version... not the 'concept' version that was modeled after Steve Johnson's likeness for a trade show and was displyed in his shop for about two years... :)

H

Yes I know that, I've worked for Steve Johnson.

I'll remove the pics as you requested.

I wasn't hijacking your thread, just trying to help. Never mind...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chewie15 @ Apr 23 2006, 08:18 PM) [snapback]1231985[/snapback]</div>
Just for the record 'propsculptor' I am making a 'movie' version... not the 'concept' version that was modeled after Steve Johnson's likeness for a trade show and was displyed in his shop for about two years... :)
H
[/b]

By the way, I really don't appreciate your previous post that you edited, calling me an Idiot.

I was trying to offer you some help, not offend you or make you look foolish.
You really need to work on not getting offended so easily when people are offering help.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE [snapback]7[/snapback]</div>
Mind you guys... it is soooo frickin rude to show other sculpts on threads when people who have busted their asses off to show something to have idiots just post other projects and state... 'use the real deal for reference'... [/b]

Looks great so far mate, as far as posting referance pics on threads, i would think it would be helpfull, if not least to see what other versions of the original sculpt are out there, for comparisons sake, i have posted referance pic's on other peoples threads before now, not too hijack the thread, just to be helpfull, i am posting this not to stir up trouble, just to give a point of veiw.

Anyhow the sculpt is really looking ace so far, can't wait to see it done in the translucent resin.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(frosty @ Apr 24 2006, 08:17 AM) [snapback]1232097[/snapback]</div>
Looks great so far mate, as far as posting referance pics on threads, i would think it would be helpfull, if not least to see what other versions of the original sculpt are out there, for comparisons sake, i have posted referance pic's on other peoples threads before now, not too hijack the thread, just to be helpfull, i am posting this not to stir up trouble, just to give a point of veiw.

Anyhow the sculpt is really looking ace so far, can't wait to see it done in the translucent resin.
[/b]

Not when the pictures posted are of a completely different piece that I want nothing to do with ;) Besides, if I wanted poster sized photos of a 'concept' version reaper that I'm NOT even working on I would of asked... I have plenty of reference of the Nomak movie version Reaper.

Thanks guys for the compliments.

H

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(propsculptor @ Apr 24 2006, 03:32 AM) [snapback]1232001[/snapback]</div>
Yes I know that, I've worked for Steve Johnson.

I'll remove the pics as you requested.

I wasn't hijacking your thread, just trying to help. Never mind...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chewie15 @ Apr 23 2006, 08:18 PM) [snapback]1231985[/snapback]
H
[/b]

By the way, I really don't appreciate your previous post that you edited, calling me an Idiot.

I was trying to offer you some help, not offend you or make you look foolish.
You really need to work on not getting offended so easily when people are offering help.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE [snapback]7[/snapback]</div>
Mind you guys... it is soooo frickin rude to show other sculpts on threads when people who have busted their asses off to show something to have idiots just post other projects and state... 'use the real deal for reference'... [/b]
[/b][/quote]

Something your not getting here... when people do not even comment on others work and just show off other stuff off saying 'use the real deal' it's RUDE. I don't care how in the world you slice it Propsculptor, it's not cool and you know it... if maybe you had said something that was directed to a positive constructive point of view, well then I would of been cool.... besides, I EDITED MY POST...

H

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(streetjudge79 @ Apr 24 2006, 12:57 PM) [snapback]1232147[/snapback]</div>
Ooooh, that one is going to be a fun one to paint. I can't wait to see this finished.
[/b]

Steve, you'll need a lot of paint too... it's huge. I'm going to take a picture with it when I'm done to give everyone a better idea of the size :D

H

That is one difficult looking sculpt. how many hours do you have in it Howard? Just curious as I can't sculpt. Looking forward to seeing something to compare scale to. Great job

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TFrosst @ Apr 24 2006, 02:41 PM) [snapback]1232196[/snapback]</div>
That is one difficult looking sculpt. how many hours do you have in it Howard? Just curious as I can't sculpt. Looking forward to seeing something to compare scale to. Great job
[/b]

Thanks again guys.

Like I said... I'll have my wife take a photo with me next to it when I'm done :) Not sure on the hours yet... I never keep track, I did start this last week...

H

Aaaaaaaaaaahhhh Creepy... :eek

Seriously, this is going to be a biiiiiig baaaaaaaaaad mofo :D

I get nightmares when thinking of painting him :lol

Awesome detail work.

Would it be possible to do a standing display with adding legs from a mannequin? The pose is not my thing, but I'll have to get it anyway :p

Thomas

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back