1:1 MSE-6 Mouse Droid

@davros - I haven't got the droid to hand at the moment, its currently doing the rounds with a friends costume group, but I would guess that the front ones are about 65-70mm diameter and the rears about 75-80mm? I can find out for you if you need some exact measurements :O)

m

Does anyone know what size the canon wheels should be. Both diameter and width?

Loving the mouse droid, brilliant work, and scoutrooper that is a really good way to get sound without the fuss, I'm going to try that.

How did you make all of the IC copies? I've been wanting to make my own but can't figure it out. I haven't done much casting before.

Last edited:
mark2000stephen - it was simply a case of fitting the real chip into the socket and doing an open-back mould (If I remember correctly I had identified two different chips). I think I also I moulded maybe five at a time, just to make casting all of them quicker, (or I might have re-moulded one a few times).

Because I knew they were going to be mounted to a board, open back moulds worked fine, though there were a few nasty undercuts and holes around the legs of the chips,which I think I filled first with a little epoxy putty.

Minifig

Last edited by a moderator:
I use smooth-on's 300 series resin for the castings, and it would have been moulded in the 4420 platinum cure silicone ( I think thats Bluestar Silicones).

Latest trailer confirms these awesome little droids are back in TFA :cool

Star-Wars_-The-Force-Awaken.jpg

Great Droid! I've got one under construction at the moment. Suppose Ishould post up a build so there's more for future builders to look at in the future....

How did you make out with fitting the transmitter into a blaster? That would be cool to see.

Really awesome droid. I'm tempted to build one now...but have no idea where to start if I'm wanting screen accurate. Any pointers?

Sith Lord - About the transmitter in the blaster...I never got around to finishing it, I lent the mouse to my friends trooping club and never seen it since! Im not saying they've pinched it, they just keep taking it out to events.
le1120 - Toromodel has some fantastic photos from one of the exhibitions, plus there was a photocopy of a film crew 'user guide' that showed the internals knocking around too. A lot of people do smaller that screen accurate, cos the real one is much bigger than people seem to think it is on screen. I personally like it real size!

M

Haha. Not stolen, just not returned. Good stuff. I did go for a slightly smaller scale - about 80% (457mm long). Seems to work well with the RC car I have
le1120 - Check out the Yahoo Builders group. That's where I got all my plans from. They've got the 'user guide' that mining speaks of plus sound loops and more.

@Sith Lord - About the transmitter in the blaster...I never got around to finishing it, I lent the mouse to my friends trooping club and never seen it since! Im not saying they've pinched it, they just keep taking it out to events.
@le1120 - Toromodel has some fantastic photos from one of the exhibitions, plus there was a photocopy of a film crew 'user guide' that showed the internals knocking around too. A lot of people do smaller that screen accurate, cos the real one is much bigger than people seem to think it is on screen. I personally like it real size!

M

Haha. Not stolen, just not returned. Good stuff. I did go for a slightly smaller scale - about 80% (457mm long). Seems to work well with the RC car I have
@le1120 - Check out the Yahoo Builders group. That's where I got all my plans from. They've got the 'user guide' that mining speaks of plus sound loops and more.

Ok thanks will look into those resources.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back