1:1 MSE-6 Mouse Droid

Have you considered putting in an iPod with some speakers for sound? One of the guys in my garrison did this and it was awesome! It would randomly scream and make noises.

Have you considered putting in an iPod with some speakers for sound? One of the guys in my garrison did this and it was awesome! It would randomly scream and make noises.

I did that for my jawa and Trooper display. I used a old Shuffle and loaded it with sound files and put it on the shuffle setting. I got the sound clips from the soundboard on StarWars.com. They do have one clip of MSE Droid.

StarWars.com | Star Wars Soundboards

Unfortunately, it also has Chewie growling a well. :(

Great work! The mouse droid is currently at number 3 on my projects list. I have some parts already. If you need more sound files PM me. I have on old star Wars screensaver cd with about 6 or 7 sounds on it.

-Eric

@hdtheater - PM sent

I do think that the speakers and little mp3 player set to shuffle is the way i'll probably go!

I am half way through fitting the pistol grip controller into a chopped-up toy stormtrooper blaster!

Minifig

Looks killer, you did a great job of replicating the "costly" on road RC chassis, ive seen many plonked on a basic Tamiya chassis and they look awful, this is a super build, with super photos to show it off!

lee

Looks killer, you did a great job of replicating the "costly" on road RC chassis, ive seen many plonked on a basic Tamiya chassis and they look awful, this is a super build, with super photos to show it off!

lee
Yeah for me I just wanted to get the aesthetic look of the wheels right, I wasn't too bothered about the authenticity of the 'insides' but its still a tricky thing! the biggest problem I had was to not have any workings visible under the shell, I failed at this a bit, but went for the easier route in order to get the project finished!!!

m

just noticed that I didnt include a piccy of the insides...so here you go!

internals_zps905fa89e.jpg

minifig

Great job and thanks for the picture of the guts. I just got my shell this week, but I've been fretting about what car I was going to use. I might try to piece one together instead.

Awesome build :D:thumbsup is there any dimensions on this? I know it's best to go for 85% of original if your looking to go RC apparently it's easier? I have heard 1:1 is massive too so I'll avoid that lol. I've joined the Yahoo group but I can't make head nor tails of them groups lol, any body help with plans etc? Cheers P

First off, this replica looks GREAT! the greeblies are awesome!

That being said...

Was this thing really 22 INCHES long???

How do I know as much as I do about all the random costumes set pieces and props from the original SW...

But didn't know this thing was THAT big?

I have accurate trooper armor. Several helmets. Several sabers, blasters, greeblies etc...

Are we 100% certain more than one size wasn't used?

When the one in the close up backs away from chewie... I can believe that THAT one was that big for the close up and fast movement and maneuvers...

But when you see one near an actors feet...

It's a mouse droid... Not a dog droid! Lol!!!

It's amazing to me how 'small' it becomes as soon as you take it off the table and put it on the floor. Even in the shots I've seen of the multiple mouse droids 'doing the conga' I think they seem pretty big. But hey, you never know what they did about the scale of these things!

It never really interested me to do a 'scaled down' version, but I guess it's just about what peoples perception of them was from the movie...a bit like the old 'How big is an AT-AT really' debate!!!!

minifig

...Was this thing really 22 INCHES long???...

...It's a mouse droid... Not a dog droid! Lol!!!...

If you take a look at MonCal's build thread, you will read that the original is 22" long although he scaled his down:
http://www.therpf.com/f9/my-mouse-mse-droid-project-36396/

If MonCal says it was 22" long, I am going to take his word for it. After all, he is build this:
http://www.therpf.com/f79/mc-landspeeder-build-167303/

I saw the real one at MoM years ago. I recall it being a decent sized piece but I would never be able to determine the size based on memory.

...And this is why it is referred to as a "mouse" droid: ;)

392383-robotchickenmouse_super.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back