1:1 MSE-6 Mouse Droid

@jamiemcshan - I am notoriously bad at doing progress shots, so no, I don't have any :O( but I do still have my scratchbuilt patterns so I'll take a photo of them for you in the next couple of days and post them up here.

A few people have also shown some interest in buying some of the greebly components, so a photo will also show what I would have available!

@Logan Cade - It's not Death Stars I've been making!!!! At least not directly ;O) I've been making the surface tiles!http://www.therpf.com/f11/death-star-surface-tiles-48049/
I've got two more modules to do and I'm currently researching and IDing kit parts and the like!

minifig

This is one of those props I've always wanted. About ten years ago, Richie's Armor made a vacuformed shell. I never pulled the trigger on it because I never had any idea where I could locate the top and side details to complete the project.

You did an outstanding job with yours.

Cheers MJF

Must say thanks to Toromodel for the shots of the mousedroid. Also whoever it was (sorry) who took the close up shots of the landspeeder details which showed me the underside circuitry of the top racks!

I've taken a photo of the components I made for the amp rack.

004.jpg

The yellow tube is the large capacitor (x6 per rack)

Then there is the rf socket (x1 per rack)

Then the white tube which houses the power resistor (x8 per rack)

Next the little brown pieces are for the metalmite capacitors (x18 per rack)

On the very right is the little screw heads for the top of the mounting poles (x2 per rack)

Last in the middle is the extra ic chip with resistor and holes for capacitors that goes on one of the side motherboards (x3 per droid)

The capacitors are in two parts so that I could drill a small location hole in the rack chassis and then sandwich the two 'halves' around it.

minifig

Last edited:
Wow... very nice work... can I asked what are these made of? I am guessing these are resin that you cast up?

Jamie

Cheers MJF

Must say thanks to Toromodel for the shots of the mousedroid. Also whoever it was (sorry) who took the close up shots of the landspeeder details which showed me the underside circuitry of the top racks!

I've taken a photo of the components I made for the amp rack.

004.jpg

The yellow tube is the large capacitor (x6 per rack)

Then there is the rf socket (x1 per rack)

Then the white tube which houses the power resistor (x8 per rack)

Next the little brown pieces are for the metalmite capacitors (x18 per rack)

On the very right is the little screw heads for the top of the mounting poles (x2 per rack)

Last in the middle is the extra ic chip with resistor and holes for capacitors that goes on one of the side motherboards (x3 per droid)

The capacitors are in two parts so that I could drill a small location hole in the rack chassis and then sandwich the two 'halves' around it.

minifig

Jamie,

The 'yellow bits' and the 'brown bits' are made from two different grades of tooling board.
The 'white bits' are inevitably styrene (plasticard)
The 'grey bits' are things I'd previously cast in resin (including an IC chip in its mounting socket)

All the IC chips in the sockets on the side panels were castings- actual IC's are just a bit too expensive not to make casting them worth while, though the empty sockets are actual sockets.

@davros - I haven't got the droid to hand at the moment, its currently doing the rounds with a friends costume group, but I would guess that the front ones are about 65-70mm diameter and the rears about 75-80mm? I can find out for you if you need some exact measurements :O)

m

wow that's lovely! hahaha I'd love to have one of these spinning around my house XDD

Anyway, can I ask you how you made the painting? I love these non-shiny industrial look but I never managed to get it...

Cheers, the painting is really basic, its just straight from the can satin black, I think the actual paint I had to hand was Games Workshop Chaos Black. I wanted something that I ccould just spray on quickly to repair the inevitable damage it would suffer from bumping into things!!!

m

wow, thank you!!! I usually paint with citadel, so I'll have some of this spray over there hahaha. I'll try! You barnished it? thank you very much!

No, I didn't varnish it, just to make re-touching easier and believe me, after a spell of letting my kids drive it round the house it often needs re-touching!!!!

In theory though, I think the side motherboards and possibly the racks should be slightly more glossy so you could try a gloss paint or varnish on those pieces before you attach them to the body.

m

Yeah I joined that group (but a bit after the fact!) The sound files are great, but I'm still not sure of the best way of getting them into the droid and having it make the sounds I want, when I want. I'm probably overcomplicating things and will end up with just a little mp3 player, constantly playing the sounds on shuffle!!!

minifig

If you have a smartphone, you can put in a blue tooth speaker and use your phone to play whatever sounds you want. Trooper Trent covered it recently in his R2 build I think.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back