1:1 Levitating Jedi Training Remote - First Attempt - UPDATED BUILD WITH FOUND PARTS

Hey man, I think you tagged me by mistake somehow. LOL I got a notification but when I clicked on it to come here it's got sjanish instead of me. You must've copied from another tagged post or something and changed the name but not the URL / member ID. Just a heads up in case you want to link people to his account.

Regarding the base, That brand had a batch of bases that shipped with a slightly wrong power adapter, which caused them to be either over or slightly under powered. I dealt with the owner back and forth to get them resolved, so if you're having trouble with that particular one, that may be why. I have some replacement power adapters that although they're rated the same, actually perform differently. Let me know if you want to try and I can send you one of the left overs to see if it works better for you.

Dang it! Sorry brother, I referenced you in my very first post and tried to copy the formatting and it must have kept the link for you, so sorry about that. I’ll fix it!

Thanks for the advice on that base! I would like to take you up on that offer. Mine seems to work, but is very temperamental at times. The one I built for my son works awesome (different brand), no issues, but this one likes to test my patience. I’ll send you a message. Thanks again and sorry about that!

Dang it! Sorry brother, I referenced you in my very first post and tried to copy the formatting and it must have kept the link for you, so sorry about that. I’ll fix it!

Thanks for the advice on that base! I would like to take you up on that offer. Mine seems to work, but is very temperamental at times. The one I built for my son works awesome (different brand), no issues, but this one likes to test my patience. I’ll send you a message. Thanks again and sorry about that!

Yeah that's the unfortunate side effect of bulk ordering these things. There's a language barrier, time zone difference, and then explaining what the exact situation is. All just part of the joy of trying to make sure every one of them works perfectly before they go out the door.

Almost there, just a few more pieces..............

IMG_3679.JPG

Last edited:
In the words of McDonald's, I'm lovin' it!

Thanks!

Got the side panels on. I printed these with PLA, sanded them, then heated them up with a hair dryer and formed them to the surface to give them a curve. If I were to ever do this again, I think I might try using some Foamies instead.

IMG_3680.jpg

Also got the last of the detail pieces on; the gun ports and the muffler baffles.

IMG_3681.jpg

Now it's on to weathering and this is done!

Thanks!

Got the side panels on. I printed these, sanded them, then heated them up with a hair dryer and formed them to the surface to give them a curve. If I were to ever do this again, I think I might try using some Foamies for these.

View attachment 1047439

Also got the last of the detail pieces on; the gun ports and the muffler baffles.

View attachment 1047440

Now it's on to weathering and this is done!
so awesome!

If you need any additional reference material, here are a few pics I took of the Training Remote at a Star Wars prop exhibit in 2012. I believe this is a screen-used model, but I'm not 100% sure.

DSC_5192.JPG

DSC_5193.JPG

DSC_5195.JPG

I think I am going to call this done. Started on the weathering (a few shots below) but not quite done; I need to move on to another project. Some of the weathering is muted out in the last photo, but I toned down the yellow at the end and added a few light scatters of darker color. I really love how this came out. It's not entirely screen accurate, but despite a few issues, looks great.

I was able to stay close to my original budget, went a little over. But outside of my time, I'm at about $185.00 in materials. Took me a while to finish though........

IMG_3692.JPG

IMG_3693.JPG

IMG_3694.JPG

IMG_3696.JPG

IMG_3701.JPG

Last edited:
She looks amazing. Can’t wait to get mine on the road and finished as well. Really nice job!!

Thanks guys!

On a side note, anyone else who finds this thread, PLEASE do not email me with requests for commissions, or to make parts, or for a custom remote, etc. This was a one off project, and I do not make these or the parts. If you want parts, you can ask sjanish, he may be able to assist.

If you want a complete unit, get with / search Trooper_trent, he makes an incredible replica.

Thanks!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back