Master Member
leia4.jpg

leias5.jpg

leias1.jpg

leias2.jpg

Originally posted by ob1al@Jan 14 2006, 01:17 PM
It captures carrie very well.
[snapback]1158901[/snapback]​

Yeah, now all it needs is a lil dusting of talc around the nostrils and you'll be done :lol

I keed, I keed... :angel

Looks *much* better Steve - I have no experience with painting 1:1 faces, but I think if you could soften the hairline *slightly* it would improve the overall look greatly.
Maybe just a couple of subtle brush-strokes of a lighter shade of brown, here 'n' there along the hairline?

Cheers,
John

Originally posted by pokko88@Jan 14 2006, 11:48 AM
She looks pretty frightened in one shot, as if someone was about to cut her head off and put it on a pike.....hmmmmm
[snapback]1158943[/snapback]​
Maybe it's her "Interrogation chamber face" :D .

ScarecrowIf you read the original thread, the eyes are TEMPORARY, the client is putting his own in. These were just for photograph purposes.

Steve,
Just wanted to chime in and let you know you captured Carrie's likeness very, very well. Great job. The bone structure is dead on.
My fiance who went to cosmotology school has a few suggestions for you:

(According to the above reference picture in the previous post)
* The lip color for Leia was more of a softened red rust color that has been blotted away and has been topped with a light gloss coat.
* Instead of the bright pink eyeshadow, try a light muted brown color, (applied lightly)
* The blush is more of a peach/apricot/brown shade (nuetral).

She thinks Lucas' overrall makeup scheme was mostly muted natural tones that showed off her youth and gave her that "fresh face" look.

But just wanted to let you know how much you did a great job on her. Keep up the good work. Just some food for thought.

Bobby

Just like I said in the last thread thread you posted asking for opinions on this, I don't like it. I don't feel it's the paintjob entirely, though, I think the bust itself has a lot to do with it. :unsure

Thanks guys, I hope my client will be happy with it, I just wish I had the right eyes to put in her, I think they will make a HUGE difference.

Originally posted by Funky Jedi@Jan 15 2006, 01:54 AM
Just like I said in the last thread thread you posted asking for opinions on this, I don't like it.  I don't feel it's the paintjob entirely, though, I think the bust itself has a lot to do with it.  :unsure
[snapback]1159299[/snapback]​

I tend to agree with Funky Judi on the likeness. In peoples experience I`m interested if this type of bust would cost a couple hundred dollars or if this is a 2500$ sculpt. Im trying to get a grip on what qualitys available for what budget at the various ends of the spectrum.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back