1:1 Jawa build

Torron

I have a new idea: a life-sized Jawa sitting on a droid dome and repairing something.

Here's a scheme:
FullSizeRender.jpg

The Jawa is going to be made from tubes and polystyrene head, but I don't know, how to make the droid dome. I'm going to make my favourite R4-series astromech and I am looking for a cheap way, how to do it. Can you suggest me some ideas or experiences with it?
R4_negtd.jpg

Utinni! I finally started with making my Jawa.

PROPORTIONS
neck - 10,2 cm/4''
shoulders - 12, 7 cm/5''
arms - 15,2 cm/6''
forearms - 15,2 cm/6''
body - 27,9 cm/11''
hips - 6,5 cm/2,5''
thighs - 19 cm/7,5''
shins - 19 cm/7,5''

kostra.JPG

with hands and future boots
kostra02.JPG

I don't know, if I'll make the R4, maybe something easier for the first time, any other ideas? :)
Comments and criticism are welcome!

very cool! we have a scarecrow competition in my town every year, and i build a skeleton with pvc tubing just like you are. it really works well for me. i too want to tackle a budget jawa one day, and one night looked up patterns for jawa cloaks. but to my surprise i didnt find much for patterns? allot of info on jawa guns though!

i really look forward to this build!

Yes, with the pattern, it'll be the hardest part I think. But I'm going to have a look in my local haberdashery.

Another progress. Today I made Jawa's tool. It's completely made from junk.

I'll paint it, when I buy colours. Now, it's just a raw base.

tool02.JPG
tool.JPG

What do you think?

And I have a question on Jawa eyes. I've never worked with electronics or something like this. Is here anybody to help me, how to do it (what I need, etc)? Thanks.

very cool! we have a scarecrow competition in my town every year, and i build a skeleton with pvc tubing just like you are. it really works well for me. i too want to tackle a budget jawa one day, and one night looked up patterns for jawa cloaks. but to my surprise i didnt find much for patterns? allot of info on jawa guns though!

i really look forward to this build!
I`m with you, a budget Jawa done right just looks awesome, would be a great display piece.

Looking forward to seeing the progress on your build. I love display jawas! Building one myself has been on my to do list for a while.

My shopping was successful!

I found this nice fabric. I only have to do a discoloration to it.

latka.jpg

And the polystyrene head is also on the way.

Today the tool was painted
toolpaint.JPG

I attached foam around the ,,bones'' to look it like Jawa has some muscles inside
body.JPG

I also made the eyes (thanks to DesignerRyan for ideas)
Here are they without yellow plastic, on the head (I called her Asajj :))
eyes01.JPG

And in the dark
eyesdark.JPG

I used two key flashlights, yellow transparent plastic and two lids. It looks amazing, doesn't it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks killer! I'm really digging it. Makes me want to start one myself.
I gotta admit, I'm glad you got its face covered, it was looking a little creepy 0_o

Looks killer! I'm really digging it. Makes me want to start one myself.
I gotta admit, I'm glad you got its face covered, it was looking a little creepy 0_o

Thanks! Yes, it was looking VERY creepy. I must cover his face with something, when I was working on it, because I work in our garage. :)

Question of the day.

What will be the Jawa repairing? I am thinking of something from The Force Awakens teasers.
Or something else?

Suggestions and comments are more than welcome!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back