1:1 GRAND MOFF TARKIN Bust by Jordu Schell

Phil,
Any idea if Jordu has progress pics of the buildup? The result is truly amazing, but I'd be curious to see some (really all) of the progress of the bust. Some artists don't like to reveal their methods publicly, but it sure would be interesting to see.

I have several 1:1 pieces of Jordu's work. Anything that comes out of his shop is simply incredible. Its worth every penny and once you purchase one of his creations you are instantly hooked. Here is one of my favorties from my collection. His name is Mold Man. Last 2 photos are in HDR format. Enjoy...

DSC03934.jpg

DSC03940.jpg

DSC03937hdr.jpg

DSC039361.jpg

HOLY S_ _ _! Those are some of the most incredible pieces of work I've ever had to pleasure of seeing.

Well I can't add anything that hasn't already been said.....

If I hadn't seen the bottom half of the bust 'stand/mount' I would've sworn it was a photograph of Peter Cushing as Tarkin :eek

Any venture what that might run? Not that I, in any way, have the funds for something like this, but just curious as to how many 0's we are talking about?

I'm guess-timating 4 zeros... and if you were to commission him to do a silicone bust of someone specific, well then it would be time to re-mortgage the house!

I'd like to say it's inspirational, but speaking as someone who has toyed with the idea of attempting to sculpt a human likeness in the past... I'd say it would put me off the idea cause I know nothing I could ever create would reach that standard!
Yeah, yeah... I know - 'Glass half-empty'. That's me :lol

Cheers,
John
john@manicminer.plus.com

I have several 1:1 pieces of Jordu's work. Anything that comes out of his shop is simply incredible. Its worth every penny and once you purchase one of his creations you are instantly hooked. Here is one of my favorties from my collection. His name is Mold Man. Last 2 photos are in HDR format. Enjoy...

DSC03934.jpg

DSC03940.jpg

DSC03937hdr.jpg

DSC039361.jpg

:sick:eek uacks. I can´t understand why my sculpting collegues so often need to make such disgusting sculpts to impress.... :confused

...but....: very well made!!!

The price for a Tarkin bust like this is 10 000 USD.

That's cheap.!

I know it sounds expensive to the average bust collector but what you are seeing here is art, made by a world famous ( in industry standards) artist.

If you saw this in an art gallery, I guarrentte you the piece would be much more.

You can contact Madame tuessauds and they will make to a custom figure and install it for you for the reasonable sum of £150000 so when you compare that to $10000 ( about £6500), it helps put things in perspective.

You are absolutely correct fettster. A friend of mine is sculptor himself and he told me the same today in the morning.

But i think meany here thought about buying such a bust and only very few here can afford such a piece of art.......i'm not one of them:lol

Honestly i was interested in a custom paintjob for another bust, but after knowing this price i wont ask anymore :cry

I heard thru the grapevine this sold at Monsterpalooza for $15,000.

I guess when you have a few others involved in making it: like hair, molds, casting, etc... you have more pieces of a pie to pay out, it needs to go up big time.

H

Howard S Studios

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back