1/1 David from Lost boys sculpt

bobbyc

Sculpture almost completed. one of my favorite charecters , this will be a silicon head with human hair glass eyes etc.
finally got around to doing this. I really wanted it to have anger and emotion . Eddie Knappenberger did the proto teeth . this will have real clothes etc.
I still have had a difficult time thinking of a cool base

any ideas?

Dude, he could kick Jack Bauer's ass.

Anyway, for the base, maybe try something pier themed? The entire movie pretty much took place at the oceanside or the grandpa's house, so I'd extrapolate from there.

i beleive this pose was the ispiration for the "alex the vampire" kit

what about doing a base like that?

great job by the way :thumbsup

z

Unholy moly. That is incredible.

You could hang it upside down in a corner of a room from a rod attached to both walls. Like when they spiked his friend in the cave.

Or

Maybe crouching on a railroad tie ready to pounce.

Originally posted by GundamZeppelin@Apr 13 2006, 12:30 AM
amazing. :thumbsup  :thumbsup
[snapback]1225342[/snapback]​
Thanks guys , I really will put everyhting into this one.
what a fun project.
I think I will engrave some qoutes from the movie.
in the base

Originally posted by Bobby C+Apr 12 2006, 07:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bobby C @ Apr 12 2006, 07:34 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-GundamZeppelin
@Apr 13 2006, 12:30 AM
what a fun project.
in the base
[snapback]1225345[/snapback]​
[/b]
Awesome sculpt.

...some quotes...

David: "Now you know what we are, now you know what you are. You'll never grow old, Michael, and you'll never die. But you must feed."

Edgar Frog: "If you try to stop us, or vamp out in any way, I'll stake you without even thinking twice about it."

Grandpa: "One thing about living in Santa Carla I never could stomach, all the damn vampires."

Sam Emerson: "Don't kill me, Mike. I'm basically a good kid."

Sam Emerson: "My own brother a ***damn, sh$t-sucking vampire. Oh, you wait 'til mom finds out buddy."

Edgar Frog: "We're on the right trail. Flies and the undead go together like bullets and guns."

Edgar Frog: "It's not our fault, they pulled a mind scramble on us. They opened their eyes and talked."

Edgar Frog: "I think I should warn you all, when a vampire bites it, it's never a pretty sight. No two bloodsuckers go the same way. Some yell and scream, some go quietly, some explode, some implode, but all will try to take you with them."

...man there are just so many good ones... :D

Originally posted by Montagar+Apr 13 2006, 01:10 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Montagar @ Apr 13 2006, 01:10 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Bobby C@Apr 12 2006, 07:34 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-GundamZeppelin
@Apr 13 2006, 12:30 AM

what a fun project.
in the base
[snapback]1225345[/snapback]​
Awesome sculpt.

...some quotes...

David: "Now you know what we are, now you know what you are. You'll never grow old, Michael, and you'll never die. But you must feed."

Edgar Frog: "If you try to stop us, or vamp out in any way, I'll stake you without even thinking twice about it."

Grandpa: "One thing about living in Santa Carla I never could stomach, all the damn vampires."

Edgar Frog: "We're on the right trail. Flies and the undead go together like bullets and guns."

Edgar Frog: "It's not our fault, they pulled a mind scramble on us. They opened their eyes and talked."

Edgar Frog: "I think I should warn you all, when a vampire bites it, it's never a pretty sight. No two bloodsuckers go the same way. Some yell and scream, some go quietly, some explode, some implode, but all will try to take you with them."

...man there are just so many good ones... :D
[snapback]1225365[/snapback]​
[/b]

Definatly the David qoute. love that line.

Most excellent work.

Jack Bauer needs to show up at the beginning of the next season with his hair dyed blonde, sporting a black leather trenchcoat.

Wait - that sounds like Spike... :)

Bob, you are a sculpting and model-making machine. :D

I love your work. Man, this brings back some memories. I first saw Lost Boys when I was 7... :lol

Excellent. He had the coolest mullet ever. I think the hair is either gonna make or break this piece.

after looking at this pic for a long time :) I've come to the conclusion that I think the chin might be a bit too long... It looks great with the mouth open, but if you picture it closed, where the mouth line is, looks like there would be too much chin there..... Just my 2 cents

I do love the sculpt though

when I have a bit more energy tomorrow I will double check it.
shooting form a lower angle I think may be giving the illusion of being longer. I thought it was at first ,then went over it again and again. but one more time wont hurt I suppose.
Thanks
this sculpt is actaully difficult

It is coming along unbelievably.
I can't wait to see it with the hair and all. It is going to be such a nice piece.

agreed with the pointy chin remark above, its not much, just a tad tad bit "comic book joker" like. just... hell it might be the light.

as far as the likeness, and the teeth, i gotta admit that is one of the best sculpts i have seen. the teeth are fantastic. the eyes are creepy enough by themselves. put them all together and you have one of the most dynamic posed busts i have ever seen.

terrific sculpting job on this. thats coming from someone who cant stand this movie, so trust me, its high praise :)

i have absolutely no idea for a base though. its one of the few times i have been totally stumped by something, but i am drawing a total blank. the only real memorable scene in the movie to me is either watching bill explode when he get staked, or the chinese food scene. neither of which lend themselves to a stand at all.

again, terrific work. i can tell a lot of love (and fandom) went into this sculpt. it looks great.

chris

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back