1:1 Darth Maul bust question-need advice!

mrdata2014

Ok, so my son (aged 7) is a HUGE Star Wars fan-he particularly likes Darth Maul and Vader. On ebay there [was] a Darth Maul bust for sale for £500-I offered £260 and the offer was accepted (great I thought-xmas main gift sorted). It arrived and was, well, not as I expected! the issues:

It is basicly a resin head duct taped onto a mannequin body as well as the eyes being duct taped in, wearing a Burton black tshirt that is stapled to the mannequin body. It has a plexiglass plaque that is holding a printed photo and a cloth covered wooden base-the seller lists it is a new and claims a professional paint job. There are other issues outside the scope of this forum but he mentioned NONE of the production methods in the listing yet claims such is the "standard way to make busts" and *claims* to have paid £400 for it, thus my question: is this a reasonable price (it is NOT Sideshow) and is the production methods listed above standard (i.e, is duct used often?) I am new to the forum and this is my first post so on that note 'Hi everyone'.

I would upload an image IF I knew how? He [Darth Maul] is fully painted and complete.

Thanks everyone!

No that isn't a good price. I also found one on ebay for the $300 range and its very well done. If I were you I would get eBay to have him refund your money

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back