1:1 Cylon Card model project NBSG

Oh hell yes. I'll be following this one closely!

Kewl. I've had help, but frankly, I don't know where to begin.... I do know that the xurrent build is all me and what goes from here is all me. There was an original model that I built and it was waaaaaaay wrong, so I contracted someone else to fix it. After that, what's going on now, is me trying to physically make the model look like the screen version. If you think I'm remiss in my duties of crediting the right people, please let me know. I'm really sorry about the whole "Credit" thang. If Paramount, or Universal holds the copyright to any of their movies and artwork... I don't understand how anyone that is making stuff off of their ORIGINAL work can ever claim copyright...? I've tried to get this simlpe question answered for a ;ooooooooooooong time.

If Gene Roddenbberry owns Star Trek and Universal owns the property and you copy anything from that... How do you own the copyright to youe material?

If you need any other help with the modeling. I'll be happy to lend a helping hand!

What exactly are you worried about? All I know is that thinking too much about copyright and the like is akin to thinking about time travel, it screws with ya head. :lol

If you need any other help with the modeling. I'll be happy to lend a helping hand!

What exactly are you worried about? All I know is that thinking too much about copyright and the like is akin to thinking about time travel, it screws with ya head. :lol

I'd be happy to have you on board. All I want to do is build the entire Cylon in meta, so that it can be imported into Pep and unfolded and given to everyone.

You've got some great progress going on. You'll probably get more exposure if you can get this thread moved to another forum, like General Modeling or the like. I'm sure the Mods know where it'd be appropriate.

Not bad. Dude, I hate to point this out, but the reply you posted with the links, they're shortened, not full addresses.

No, that's fine, that's why I did it and paid for it and had it corrected, that's why I'm working on the head. I really need to update this, but the heat and humidity have kept me from getting a lot done, at least as much as I wanted. I will have some updates soon, it's farther along, but RL and Vacation etc. has delayed me from posting new photos, not to mention all of the work I'm doing on the 50" Studio Scale Refit and a few other projects, some of which I haven't even shown. LOL!

You've got some great progress going on. You'll probably get more exposure if you can get this thread moved to another forum, like General Modeling or the like. I'm sure the Mods know where it'd be appropriate.

Well, I'm not sure what to say... I'm also working on a Studio Scale Refit and they moved that to General, so I don't know how they work things around here and I'm not the boss.

Thank you, thank you... Don't applaud, just throw money, thank you....

New updates.... http://mtkcardcraft.blogspot.com/201...on-helmet.html

I had to dump photos, so I had to update several threads, update FB and update the blog. This is pretty much where I left off with the last update, the project has proceeded beyond this point, but I want to show consistancey. Here, I was shaping the contours, sculpting the shape for the cheeks and filling in some of the gaps. Much more to come.

Does this work for everyone, can you get the card model, is anyone else building along? I seem to have had my thread moved again..... Can't quite figure out how I'm doing this wrong... Paper models go in the paper forum, scale models go in the scale forum..... Yet my Studio Scale Refit gets moved to General and this card model gets moved to...???

lol, That would be my fault my friend. I had asked the mods to move the thread in order to get better exposure. You've got the basis of a fantastic 1:1 Cylon centurion and i wanted you to get the best exposure possible. I hardly go to the paper forums so I'd hate for anyone else to miss it too!

This is just too cool not to see!
Cylon-79.jpg

LOL! OK, thanks. I keep loosing track of this thread and one of the others.
It's not that great yet, it's still very much a WIP.

lol, That would be my fault my friend. I had asked the mods to move the thread in order to get better exposure. You've got the basis of a fantastic 1:1 Cylon centurion and i wanted you to get the best exposure possible. I hardly go to the paper forums so I'd hate for anyone else to miss it too!

This is just too cool not to see!
Cylon-79.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back