1:1 Christian Bale Head / Batman Begins

g_sculpt

Here is a project of mine which i have started a month ago. I sculpted the head first then edited to include the cowl once i have casted the bale head. Here is a picture of the bale head. I will post more pictures of the progress later on. Thanks!

Awesome!

Really great likeness,do you have any more shots at different angles? you could also use it as Patrick Bateman from american psycho.

Awesome!

Really great likeness,do you have any more shots at different angles? you could also use it as Patrick Bateman from american psycho.

yeah, you i think this can be used as a patrick bateman head as well.
as for the pictures, here are more shots:

thanks!

excellent capture of his longing sorrowful expression. might be your best work yet.

looking forward to seeing it painted up

You are welcome sir~

It's hard to deny it when you get something right isn't it!

But why stop so short on the neck? Why not give him a little bit more with some collar bones and
traps and sternum? Then you do the cowled version and the suit and tie version.

I also thought of one tiny critique after staring at these pics for a long time.
The only room for improvement on this, since the expression is really outstanding, is
the skin pores. They are a little to even and when it comes to your skin, pores also have a little
bit of direction to them over the different areas of the face, so having smaller pores in the finer areas
of the face and a little bit of angle to them would basically take this just a step further towards realism and
EPIC, but the expression conveys a lot more than texture can so on that your golden

the problem is, that's really IMHO a consideration only if your going the route of silicone bust, because no matter how
amazing the painter is, and I know a few masters, its really really tuff to make resin look like skin, even with a ton of
washes and layering you can only get close, but you'll never get that little bit of translucency that human skin has.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo don't worry about it if your doing resin, maybe don't worry about it at all on this one,
and just file it back in the back of your mind for the next great sculpt.

Last edited:
Hi Bats,

Thank you for taking time into making your critiques and suggestions for this project.
Thank you for appreciating the expression on bale's face. Regarding the skin pores, I am still trying to work on that since I am still adjusting to new techniques to achieve it more naturally. As for cut of the neck, I will have two versions for him, one with the batsuit and one with a normal upper body so that he could put a suit on. Later on, in case i would like to have a silicone version of him, i will probably make a bald version of the bale head. As of now, I will be working on resin form.

Thanks again for your inputs regarding this project.

Also, here are some updates for the torso:

thanks for looking guys :)

You are welcome sir~

It's hard to deny it when you get something right isn't it!

But why stop so short on the neck? Why not give him a little bit more with some collar bones and
traps and sternum? Then you do the cowled version and the suit and tie version.

I also thought of one tiny critique after staring at these pics for a long time.
The only room for improvement on this, since the expression is really outstanding, is
the skin pores. They are a little to even and when it comes to your skin, pores also have a little
bit of direction to them over the different areas of the face, so having smaller pores in the finer areas
of the face and a little bit of angle to them would basically take this just a step further towards realism and
EPIC, but the expression conveys a lot more than texture can so on that your golden

the problem is, that's really IMHO a consideration only if your going the route of silicone bust, because no matter how
amazing the painter is, and I know a few masters, its really really tuff to make resin look like skin, even with a ton of
washes and layering you can only get close, but you'll never get that little bit of translucency that human skin has.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo don't worry about it if your doing resin, maybe don't worry about it at all on this one,
and just file it back in the back of your mind for the next great sculpt.

No problem. Skin details can be a lifetime of study and practice all on its own.
I know I'm still working to perfect my skin texturing details and think I have a little ways to go before
I can confidently say that I have a tight grasp on it regardless of the sculpt.

So keep at it!

I like the torso, looking good.

Keep the photos coming

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back