1:1 Alien egg

Lord of the props

Hello

I just wanted to show some pictures of my home made Aliens egg that I recently
finished for a customer with an face hugger inside also build and painted by me.
What do you think?

141902215.jpg

141902225.jpg

141902222.jpg

141902223.jpg
141902218.jpg

YES REALLY NICE JOB.
The netting is most likly Hotglue from a glue gun.
You heat the glue up and you press the glue out.
While you do that you let the glue partially dry and keep pressing til you hit the other side then stick it on.
After a minute its glued on. It will still be partial flexible.

If Bjørnd did it otherwise i whould like him to call me ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sith Sheriff Brody @ Apr 24 2006, 09:43 PM) [snapback]1232428[/snapback]</div>
Really great job on the 'netting' ... how'd you do that?

-Mike
[/b]
Ditto question- Man that is cool-

Doc

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TMP @ Apr 24 2006, 03:52 PM) [snapback]1232452[/snapback]</div>
YES REALLY NICE JOB.
The netting is most likly Hotglue from a glue gun.
You heat the glue up and you press the glue out.
While you do that you let the glue partially dry and keep pressing til you hit the other side then stick it on.
After a minute its glued on. It will still be partial flexible.

If Bjørnd did it otherwise i whould like him to call me ;)
[/b]

I think what they're talking about is the netting on the actual "petals" of the egg, rather than the strings of what appears to be hotglue _between_ the open petals.

Outstanding job.

That, my dear fellow, is freakin AWESOME.......

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm................it it just me, or does the "mouth" in pic 2 look like.....

ummmmm....

errrrrrrrr......

(nevermind) :confused

Thanks alot everyone

The net that goes around the body of the egg is latex. The other thin lines on the top is hot glue yes.
The egg was made in foam latex.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DarthBish @ Apr 25 2006, 05:13 AM) [snapback]1232581[/snapback]</div>
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm................it it just me, or does the "mouth" in pic 2 look like.....

ummmmm....

errrrrrrrr......

(nevermind) :confused
[/b]

What's next .. aliens that look like huge walking moving .. eum.. nevermind ;)

don't you love Geiger's design :lol

Man, that thing just gives me goosebumps. So totally creepy looking. I totally love it but man, I don't think I could have one of those in my house without scaring the you know what out of myself all the time.

That is truly amazing...

Top top craftmanship, that looks totally awesome and soo realll.. I wouldn't feel safe in my house unless I torched that baby.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back