“There and Back Again; A Mystery Chunk Tale”

You can also keep an eye out for vintage Daiwa brand hip waders, which are also out of the UK and feature the same metal studs. It's great to see there are a few different brands that used these parts. Hopefully it'll make it easier for interested folks to find some by widening the search a bit. (y)

Thanks for sharing!

1A4B2409-5B4A-4169-988A-8313D92E11A5.jpeg

Such a fun discovery. I never thought this random part would be discovered. Thanks to everyone involved.
I got a nice surprise in the mail the other day.
It’s very cool that you guys are handling it this way to keep prices down. This feels more like the old RPF I remember when people helped each other.

I consider this bittersweet. Until recently I was perfectly happy with my mystery chunk. Never bothered me in the slightest. But now that I know the real thing is out there I have to have one.

But I can't...not yet. I know I can't afford boots so I have to wait until one of you kind and brave souls gets a pair and starts selling the extras. Hope the price lands somewhere reasonable.

So I do know that roygilsing is planning to put them back into production. They will be modern parts but made to the same standard.

Anakin Starkiller's new run of chunks will also be modeled after an original. Again, a replica but we'll all have a plethora of EXACTING modern replicas soon to choose from.

As for originals.... no word from the original company who manufactured them yet. That lead is prob fruitless which is why BRRogers went ahead and revealed.

There's probably boxes full of them in some old warehouse. Lol!

That is EXACTLY the hope. But it is a long shot. The original factory facilities closed, the company was acquired multiple times since the original royal warrant this chunk manufacture fell under was issued and even information ABOUT the original chunk and products it was on probably all have fallen into the annals of history.

teecrooz and I both have been sleuthing for a while now JUST trying to put together the provenance.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back