“Predator” 1987 – Exclusive Interview With David Stone

I totally read through the first article twice! Thank's so much for posting that!!

As for the second article about the sound used in "Predators," I really didn't care. Seriously. They can hype their work up as far as they want to. But one thing is for certain... - and I'm also surprised no one else brought this up -.. but what happened to the Predators' roar? I don't give a **** about the "Berserkers," but the "classic" Predator did not once unleash his roar that is synonymous with the Predator character. Oh, sure it was riddled through out the previews of the movie, but when it came to the actual movie? No. There wasn't anything recognizable that came out of the Classic Predators mouth. Infact, if all sounded the ******* same to me. The same weak, jumbled, gargles that lacked any real impact. In fact, they were quite boring. They went through all of that work just to make the movie sound like boring ****? Really? You ******* cut out the only vocalization that would've made the "Classic" Predator more badass than the other three ******* Predators in the movie. And you know what? Maybe if the Classic Predator would let loose with that roar as he was charging towards the Black Predator, it would've been a bit more tolerable and less like an insult to us Predator fans. Gurgle, gurgle, gurgle, **** you.

I totally read through the first article twice! Thank's so much for posting that!!

As for the second article about the sound used in "Predators," I really didn't care. Seriously. They can hype their work up as far as they want to. But one thing is for certain... - and I'm also surprised no one else brought this up -.. but what happened to the Predators' roar? I don't give a **** about the "Berserkers," but the "classic" Predator did not once unleash his roar that is synonymous with the Predator character. Oh, sure it was riddled through out the previews of the movie, but when it came to the actual movie? No. There wasn't anything recognizable that came out of the Classic Predators mouth. Infact, if all sounded the ******* same to me. The same weak, jumbled, gargles that lacked any real impact. In fact, they were quite boring. They went through all of that work just to make the movie sound like boring ****? Really? You ******* cut out the only vocalization that would've made the "Classic" Predator more badass than the other three ******* Predators in the movie. And you know what? Maybe if the Classic Predator would let loose with that roar as he was charging towards the Black Predator, it would've been a bit more tolerable and less like an insult to us Predator fans. Gurgle, gurgle, gurgle, **** you.
You are very welcome Rob I can't agree with you more man I was excited seeing the Classic Predator and as soon as he opened his mouth then I got really pissed at the fact that his growl was nothing compared to the original. By the way if you were reading the first one tiwce then you will probably read this a dozen times over
Industry Classics: “Predator” with David Stone

Great article on the sound design process. Thanks for posting! Gives me something to talk to a friend of mine who is into film making about, since we considered a collaboration. Too esy to go YouTube and add whatever music track in, wether it serves the story or no. Personally I'm a fan of quieter scenes with no music to let tension build, or to allow the scene to play out rather than add sound to slap an audience in the head with. I'd bet his films could be better with more study of it.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back