“Expedition Back to the future” Discovery channel

I just saw this is a thing.

Josh Gates is phenomenal. I’ve enjoyed everything he’s done in his own shows, so I will most certainly watch this.

I just saw this is a thing.

Josh Gates is phenomenal. I’ve enjoyed everything he’s done in his own shows, so I will most certainly watch this.

Why did he actually find something on this show? :lol: I'm pretty sure he's cleverly schemed to get these networks to do his shows just so he can go on vacation and drive around in all kinds of cool vehicles and then pay him for it. Because he's never found a ghost, UFO, Bigfoot, treasure, etc.

I made the prop newspapers for the show. (I also gave myself a slightly larger than usual 'staff writer' credit on the front page :D.)

Because of the production schedule, the photo was not available for the front page before the newspapers had to be printed, so the props have a blank space with registration markings for the effects people to add the photo in post production. They did a great job and you'd almost never know that it is an effect. There is also a blank headline newspaper for a 'fading/changing' transition shot, and an alternate headline version with a weather map in place of the photo.

It was truly an honor to be able to contribute to such a fun project.

I have a limited number of extra copies of the newspaper sets available on my Etsy shop. The link is posted in the Project Runs section.
All of the proceeds, minus shipping/packaging costs, will be donated to the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research.

2021-03-15 (5).png

Newspaper2.png

Last edited:
This looks like its going to be really good. I'm not much of a tv watcher, but when I was with my ex, she watched shows including the one with Josh Gates, and I did enjoy him.

I watched the show yesterday and I really enjoyed it. I love Josh's sense of humor and it was so great to see some of the BTTF cast and crew appearing in the show.

Just some of the shown props don't match the ones we can see in the movies such as Marty's letter to Doc in the Hollywood Museum or the Futaba remote from the Shea collection. And Marty's future jacket from the Sheas really looks like Mark Poon's replica. :lol:

And why did they put this clock onto the dash of the time machine replica instead of an accurate Bulova?

wrongclock.jpg

Since his run of appearances in so many movies in the second half of the '80s -- the BttF trilogy (my love for those films rivals that of my love for Star Wars, though it isn't quite the same thing in some way I can't quite nail down), as Kruge in Star Trek III, and as Judge Doom in Who Framed Roger Rabbit (another film with a special place in my heart, given my deep love for animation and for the movie in and of itself), Christopher Lloyd has been one of my favorite actors -- probably the first actor I thought of "my favorite." I'll be glad to at least do the free trial so I can watch this special, but, man ... Lloyd is really looking old. Not that there is anything wrong with that, per se, but it's just that it means it likely won't be too many years before he will stop acting completely, and then one day, we'll hear the sad news ...

I came to love Lloyd through those movies; I never watched Taxi in its original run. Does anyone know where it might be available through streaming?

SSB

Jim Ignatowski, (TAXI), is by far my favorite character that Christopher Lloyd has delivered. Doc Brown is great, but "Reverend Jim" is out of this world!

I have not Expedition Back to the future yet, but that'll change soon. ;)

I know it's on Paramount Plus, and Hulu too I think
Great! I have both of those.

I had been wondering why CBS All Access/Paramount+ didn't have the original Magnum PI -- I enjoy the new series, but I loved the original. Then I discovered, more or less by accident, that the free Roku TV channel has the entire series available. Of course, I found out after I bought the DVD series set ...

SSB

Jim Ignatowski, (TAXI), is by far my favorite character that Christopher Lloyd has delivered. Doc Brown is great, but "Reverend Jim" is out of this world!
Doc Brown will be hard to beat, but I have seen some clips from Taxi featuring Reverend Jim that were hilarious. That -- and the general reputation of the series -- makes me want to see it for myself.

I think back during the show's original run that I didn't watch partly because the opening theme sounded mournful and melancholy to my young ears, and I somehow thought that would be the mood of the show itself.

SSB

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back