‘The Rocketeer’ returns to El Capitan with cast and crew

Hollywood seems to look to him as their "comic book guy". Amazing considering how uninformed he is on matters dealing with anything other than catch phrases and the same Frank Miller stories that everyone has memorized. He covers his lack of knowledge with attempts at humor, which unless you are over 23 and stoned, his stories linger in the air like gas produced by deviled eggs.

I finally got mine last week and they still had tickets. You have to call the El Capitan box office though, no online ordering. Welcome to the 1980's....

I finally got mine last week and they still had tickets. You have to call the El Capitan box office though, no online ordering. Welcome to the 1980's....

Awesome.....a few days before the event....we should touch base so we can meet up and chat a little bit....would be nice to meet another finhead/rpfer.....

20 years???!!! WOW, I remember when this came out - I remember being bummed at the lack of toys! You know, after 20 years this movie STILL rocks!!

Anyone want to buy me a plane ticket for Father's Day? I really need to be at this shindig! :cry
What are the chances of the exclusives being available to the general public? Slim, or none at all?

I believe the memorabilia will only be available at the event and whatever leftovers might be offered to d23 members in the d23 boutique.....

I am going to be there at the event, so whatever i can get my hands on...i will try my best to get extras for you and rob.......

just let me know what you guys are interested in before the event

20 years???!!! WOW, I remember when this came out - I remember being bummed at the lack of toys! You know, after 20 years this movie STILL rocks!!
The pickings were indeed slim, back when the local chain Pic 'N' Saves were still in business my mom brought me a Bend-Ems Rocketeer figurine not longer after when the film came out on VHS, it was my most cherished toy and you couldn't pry it away if you tried that's how indelible an impression this film had on me.

I'd go if Kevin Smith wasn't there.
Although Kevin Smith is a mediocre choice for moderator--at a BSG panel several Comic-Cons ago, Jamie Bamber seemed ready to open a can of whup-@$$ on Smith because of his obnoxious moderating--I loves me some Rocketeer and joined D23 just to get preferred seating for this event. :)

They definately have no problem selling "event only" merchandise after the fact. On the other hand if it all sells out Disney might see how much people still love The Rocketeer

"All-new print of the film, behind-the-scenes footage, and photos not seen in 20 years"

Hopefully this means we'll get then new print on BluRay!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back