A Thin Casting
bruticus666

A Thin Casting

...didn't come out as good as as I had hoped...very thin in areas, but that was because I didn't slush around as good as I should've....and the fact that I had tinted Mold Builder Latex with acrylics might be another...any good tips besides "use rd407" would be appreciated!
I've never used mold builder latex before but Did you do some brush up layers before bolting the mold together to slush it? If not the brush up layers could help in those hard to slush areas.

you need to post up a thread instead of just gallery photos. do you have any pics of the mask without the photoshop effects?

When I was casting the first mask, I didn't thin down the latex, it was ridiculously thick....but I did brush on layers...the secon casting, I thinned 16iz with 1 3/4iz of distiller water, and it gave it a nice viscosity, so, I brushed up the detail cost, an slushed the next two - it was a thick cast, maybe too thick, but when it cured, the hea was misshapen, as if certain parts had dried before others and was pulling, and warpe the head, also I guess in other parts truck and jaw) the latex didn

Media information

Album
bruticus666
Added by
bruticus666
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Back