Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Subscribe
    From
    Bologna (Italy)
    Jul 1, 2009, 10:53 AM - Re: "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" Props nearly finished! #101

Hotshot said: View Post
    I like the airbrushing idea, I'll give that a shot!
  2. RPF Premium Member Howlrunner's Avatar
    From
    Scotland
    Jul 1, 2009, 12:51 PM - Re: "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" Props nearly finished! #102

Looking good Hotshot! Agree on the semi-gloss - looks a little too flat just now.
    From
    Chicago, IL
    Jul 2, 2009, 11:07 AM - Re: "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" Props nearly finished! #103

Wow.
  4. Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Jul 2, 2009, 3:58 PM - Re: "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" Props nearly finished! #104

Super cool! I sure would LOVE to get copies.
    Jul 2, 2009, 4:34 PM - Re: "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" Props nearly finished! #105

I love to have one in my collection you selling any of these ? Very cool !!!!!!
  6. ArtisanFX RPF Premium Member GeneralFROSTY's Avatar
    Jul 2, 2009, 9:56 PM - Re: "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" Props nearly finished! #106

I want this gun. I want this gun NOW!
    Can you post a pic of you holding the gun? I would like to see the scale. If it's as big as you say it is, heck, you don't need no stinkin' bullets to knock some poor bastard over the head and lay him out cold!
    From
    Millersburg, Ohio; the Heart of Amish Country
    Jul 3, 2009, 12:46 AM - Re: "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" Props nearly finished! #107

I'll be doing a prepainted run, similar to the Davy Jones pipes I did last year, but for now . .we'll just keep playing here in the thread. . . I'm having waaay to much fun!!
    From
    atlanta, georgia
    Jul 3, 2009, 9:00 AM - Re: "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" Props nearly finished! #108

i second the photo of you holding the gun
    and i also want one now!
    From
    Jul 9, 2009, 2:23 PM - Re: "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" Props nearly finished! #109

Small bump/ update.

I'll be doing the new paint job tonight, and will start making copies.
    Interst thread will hit the JY tommorow and we'll go from there.
    Run will be one of my fully painted and finished runs, lie the Davy Jones pipe and the Scout Blasters.

In December/January, I'll be offering the bullets and the brass plate so you's guys can build a box for it. Plans for the box will be in that thread.

I'm really happy to get to do this, as well as how this thread turned out! Too fun!!

See you all tonight with pics!!
    From
    Chicago, IL
    Jul 10, 2009, 7:15 PM - Re: "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" Props nearly finished! #110

Can't wait to see it. Such and awesome idea.

I'm not allowed to post in the Junkyard yet though.
    From
    South Jersey
    Jul 11, 2009, 9:59 PM - Re: "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" Props nearly finished! #111

Looking forward to pics of this, Hotshot!
    From
    Jul 12, 2009, 6:28 PM - Re: "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" Props nearly finished! #112

Wait no more!
    Sorry this took so long to post, but there's now so many layers of paint on this poor prototype, I've been smnding and resanding so that I can get a smooth coat. It kinda worked.

I'm not completely happy with this, but the theory/excution plan is there, and I'm VERY pleased with that!!

I've gone back over the color coding and screen caps, and feel I've got a good mix going on, and I really like the 'shine' on the gun. I just put an elevated mask down, and hit it with one or two quick swipes of white.

I wanted a bit more of the odd animation style shading that the movie had, and I tried a bunch of defferent styles, and settled
    Adding a few touches of white, blue, and grey added the shading, nd made the look complete on pastel chalk.

Sealed with a semi-gloss, the gun really comes together.

It's nice and big, just about the size of a Samartian, and is a decent weight, maybe about 7 pounds.

I'm gonna start a FS thread in the JY if anyone wants one!!

From
    atlanta, georgia
    Jul 12, 2009, 7:02 PM - Re: "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" Eddie's toon gun finished! #113

i just filled the cup................
  14. Live Long and Prosper! RPF Premium Member vitacura's Avatar
    From
    Florida
    Jul 12, 2009, 9:17 PM - Re: "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" Eddie's toon gun finished! #114

That looks awesome!
    From
    Aug 1, 2009, 9:59 PM - Re: "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" Love letter added!! #115

This is the 'surprise' that's going out with the three guns next week. Thought you guys would really get a kick out of it!

It's actually screen accurate, all except for a dissapearing will. But I'm workin' on that.

I used a Createx pearl red, really looks like an inky lipstick!

Here's a cap.

If anyone wants to attempt the will, PM me, I'll send the big file.
    From
    atlanta, georgia
    Aug 26, 2009, 7:11 PM - Re: "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" Love letter added!! #116

bump
    From
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Mar 25, 2010, 4:27 PM - Re: "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" Love letter added!! #117

Did you ever finish the bullets?

David
    From
    atlanta, georgia
    Mar 25, 2010, 5:19 PM - Re: "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" Love letter added!! #118

Did anyone other than me get the gun?
    Oh yes please do the bullets!!!
  19. Member Since
    May 2010
    May 4, 2010, 1:10 AM - Re: "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" Love letter added!! #119

Were these Newspapers ever printed and sold? Very interested in them!
    From
    May 4, 2010, 12:12 PM - Re: "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" Love letter added!! #120

Yea, I can knock on out for you. They were 25 buckaroos. They're nice!

I'm trying to get a few more props made from this film, and am trying to focus right now on the logistics of an Acme box collection. I was able to get great pics of the Glue boxes and Eyeballs boxes at Disnel last month, and thanks to Howlrunner, have the Black hole art. I'm lso working on the Disappearing/Reapperaing Ink bottle.

I'm still retraining my hands to sculpt so i can get those bullets done too.
  21. propologist is offline propologist
    May 4, 2010, 12:14 PM - Re: "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" Love letter added!! #121

very cool. I have got to make the gun and bullets too. I'm stuck in Beetlejuice right now planning some pieces from it too..lol
  22. Member Since
    May 2010
    May 8, 2010, 2:27 PM - Re: "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" Love letter added!! #122

hey guys im 21 years old and roger rabbit has been one of my all time favorite movies since i can remember. i want a tatto to reflect my love for the movie so i decided i want to get the dumdum bullets so i need as many detailed pictures of them as possible, close up, far back, and differnt angles. i cant seem to find any pictures looking on google and stuff so if you guys could help me locate maybe some orginal movie skeches and things like that so i have something for the tatto artist to base my tattos off of. you can email any pics you may already have to my email mark138138@gmail.com and i will keep checking on this thread if you have any suiggestions.

thanks alot -mark
  23. williamtaylor is offline williamtaylor
    May 8, 2010, 5:12 PM - Re: "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" Love letter added!! #123

MAN! you guys are just TOO talented!

William
  24. RPF Premium Member Howlrunner's Avatar
    From
    Scotland
    Jul 14, 2010, 1:41 PM - Re: "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" Love letter added!! #124

Well, after what seems like ages, I've finally got the Roger Rabbit newspaper out of it's postage tube and into a frame!

I picked up a decent size frame from a local charity shop for 3, then repainted the frame red and added yellow backing paper to match the colours of the movie logo. Then I found pics of the main cartoon characters online, resized them so they were all to the same scale, printed them out and carefully cut around each one before sticking.

Definitely one of my most colourful displays now!
    From
    Jul 18, 2010, 9:03 AM - Re: "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" Love letter added!! #125

Sweet!!