Guardians of the Galaxy Chris Pratt Star-Lord Costume Build (pic heavy)

Loving the thread my friend, exciting stuff. But one question for everyone: What color do you guys think Peter Quill's main shirt is? It's either grey or a very light blue-grey, can't tell if this is all just from the lighting or the actual color of the shirt. Been going cross-eyed looking for a correct color match, as this seems like a custom shirt, color matching is the best I can hope for in the short-run.

I think the answer is like the jacket, theres more than one in the film. In the best pictures of Pratt without the jacket on he is wearing a gray long sleeve shirt, there are pics her on this thread.

Sorry maybe i dont understand you... Is that a large one or a Medium one? Bcause im going to buy one but it seems to be a little loose and i want it very strech awesome costume btw

I got my headphones today!
IMG_20140610_193903_008.jpg

Aloha gentlemen! I'm pretty new here and I'm very interested in the whole star lord get up. My friend is going as Gamora for fan expo and/or halloween and she wanted my to be star Lord. Soooo… I have a friend doing the helmet for me, ordered the nerf quad guns on amazon, the walk-man I got from my uncle who has an almost exact replica still in the box(apparently he got 2 for christmas). It's just the jacket that Im having a bit of trouble with. I wanna know if fanjackets or jackets are pretty legit? Also would they alter it a little bit, as I am 5'6 and chubby. thank you so much, guys!

Aloha gentlemen! I'm pretty new here and I'm very interested in the whole star lord get up. My friend is going as Gamora for fan expo and/or halloween and she wanted my to be star Lord. Soooo… I have a friend doing the helmet for me, ordered the nerf quad guns on amazon, the walk-man I got from my uncle who has an almost exact replica still in the box(apparently he got 2 for christmas). It's just the jacket that Im having a bit of trouble with. I wanna know if fanjackets or jackets are pretty legit? Also would they alter it a little bit, as I am 5'6 and chubby. thank you so much, guys!

Fjackets is legit to my knowledge, if you go with cosplaysky's there's is a bit more accurate in the look and a bit cheaper. Not to mention that it is tailored to your measurements.
The biggest difference between the two is that fjacket's in real leather and cosplaysky's is false. The link for cosplaysky is on this thread. Good luck on you build and when you get it all together please post pictures. :thumbsup

For the price, I still think fjackets is the better way to go. It's real leather and looks like it will wear like it looks in the movie. Small adjustments can be made to the fjackets coat to make it more accurate. On that note, the arm buckles are the big issue for me on the fjacket coat.

Not sure about Fjackets, was hoping someone here had previous experience. When I order the jacket (if i get it from them) i will put my opinion here.
I contacted Davy for my helmet and gun kits, It is best to contact him via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/dave.klakus

I ordered the star-lord jacket from fanjackets and it's awesome!!! I can't wait to give it to my bf for his bday at the end of the month!!

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone figured out where to get look alike pants and boots?

Those pants are pretty good. I think the pants he wears are black though. It looks like that site has them in black too.

The shoes are skechers. I bought a pair of these: Amazon.com: Skechers Men's Diameter-Garzo Loafer: Shoes

I think they're about as close as youre going to get based on the prop photos i've seen. The upper leg parts are separate pieces made from leather.

Awesome shoes!! Thanks for the link!! And that's a bummer about the pants. I thought they were navy and already ordered them. I guess I'll be ordering another pair.

- - - Updated - - -

The pants are incredibly difficult to find. I haven't found anything close enough yet.

If u do find some, please share the link. I'm trying to win the "coolest girlfriend ever" award. Haha!!

Awesome shoes!! Thanks for the link!! And that's a bummer about the pants. I thought they were navy and already ordered them. I guess I'll be ordering another pair.

- - - Updated - - -

If u do find some, please share the link. I'm trying to win the "coolest girlfriend ever" award. Haha!!

Of course! I'm sure everyone on here would. Great community working together!!

Metal sounds pretty....metal :D

Thought I would pitch in here since I've been working on a foam starlord helmet in my spare time, non pepakura or anything just kinda eyeballing it and making adjustments as I go, been just using EVA foam and hot glue so far, anyone got any idea how I should paint it when I'm all finished up?

WP_20140616_006.jpgWP_20140616_001.jpg

Looks awesome so far!!! I bought a can of metallic spray paint to cover the wood dowels I got for the side of it. I'm just waiting on one more piece of metal to ship before I get started on mine. I'll post pics as I go along. Not totally sure I can pull it off but I'm gonna try!!

Hey guys. I've been making a star Lord costume for a few weeks now. I'll post pictures when it looks good enough. I just ordered my jacket from fjackets. I'm not too sure about the size though. I'm 6' and 175 pounds, with a chest size of 39. According to the site I should wear a small but I ordered a medium instead. What sizes did you guys get?

Im about 5'10 and I ordered a medium, hoping it fits me well, you're not too far off so I feel that a medium would fit you but might hug you a bit, on the bright side, to be in character the jacket would probably be open the whole time. Mine is due to arrive on Wednesday so I'll be sure to upload shots of it.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back