Goonies: 1/4 One Eyed Willie skull FINISHED!

Rhett J Martin

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello again!
For longer than I care to admit, I've had ALOT of projects end up half finished on the shelf. Now that I'm back in the saddle, and thanks to some heavy time away and a new found energy, I've been getting alot of them finished up.

One project I dabbled in, after considerable inspiration from Pitbull and others, is a smaller, quaterish scale One Eyed Willy skull.

After I had chopped up a few store bought skeletons for my 'Achmed, the Dead Terrorist' buildups, I had some leftover skulls. Around that time, some other RPF'ers had been recreating the skull, and I thought they were damn sweet. So I got to work.

So, I started with this
3207-willy-start-skull.jpg

And after some griding, puttying, and sculpting, I got this
3209-willy-jaw-closed.jpg

3208-willy-jaw-open-wpatch.jpg

I've created the eye patch seperate, so that curious folks can look under the hood so to speak. The patch will be cast in a foma rubber, so that it will have a leathery feel.
3211-willy-eye-socket.jpg

3210-willy-skuls-together.jpg

I'll be casting the head in resin as usual. My only hang up right now is if he should sit on the table, or on a diplay stand. Any thoughts?

Enjoy!!

Last edited:
Re: Goonies: 1/4 One Eyed Willy skull replica

Still toying with this off and on, when time allows.

5150-willysculpt-nearly-done.jpg

Skull sculpt is done, and I'm very happy with the likeness. Added and subtracted bits here and there, from the first scuplt above.

I've got some shrunken tough skin in the back of the jaw, and it realy gives it a . .um . . .living look, even though he's ..um . .dead . . .
Getting his teeh to all fit together was a bit of a challenge, but it worked overall. I'll be doing some gumline teaking tonight. Should be fun to paint those, all grimmy and yellowed. Wish he had a few gold teeth I could leaf

I got his patch cast, and also got the little gem stones and pearls all bought, and can't wait to show that off.
I was unhappy with the underside of thepatch, so I'm currently rescuplting that side to get more of an anterior side of leather look.

I've devised a base for him that will be filled with treasure gems and gold bits. The base is in silicone right now, and I'm looking forward to getting some new resin to play with.
Hope you guys like!

Looks like 1/3 or maybe even 1/2 scale. Very sweet sculpt. Good luck with the fund rasing.

Protoype base cast into rigid foam, costume jewels and pearls added. Gold nuggets are accomplished with Bare Metal Foil.

5337-willybase.jpg

5338-willywbase.jpg

Skull will be about 4 to five inches up from base.
I'm doing the last corrective work on the teeth, and finnishing the underside of the skull, and the rest of the bandanna.

I'm not sure if I should add some sort of plaque . . .thoughts or suggestions?

Re: Goonies: 1/4 One Eyed Willie skull, base & skull sculpt done

Just about finished the skull's sculpt and final look today. Corrected the teeth to be more screen-accurate, and it made a large difference. The two larger teeth were way to small at first.
5366-new-teeth.jpg

The teeth also line up . .as lined up as crooked missing teeth can . . . but they fit all together convincingly now when the jaw is closed.

Also finished the bandanna, and finally got to see how the skull will float over the base, and I'm very, very pleased.
5367-floatingwillie.jpg

Willie will lean into the veiwer, and seem to be slightly more alive looking than the layed back stance we've seen so far during the sculpt/build.

5368-willieposed.jpg

This shot shows how much better the teeth look now. I'm really happy with it!!

I'm convinced casting will be a royal pain, but I'm up for the challenge.

Can't wait to show him off painted and dusty! Hope I can offer a few too!

Willy's in silicone, and with this project, I'm trying a new mold style I hope to use on my next few projects. Looking forward to getting a pull of the skull this weekend.

I did want to ask, is there any interest in this piece? Wasn't sure, as I've pulled all my own supllies aside, and was going to store the rest. Just thought I'd ask. Thanks!

Thansk guys, glad your watching and liking.

First pulls are out, and I'm giddy with anticapation to get the main head piece done and cast.

I'm pretty amazed I was able to pull off the jaw as a two part mold. Thanks god for the tounge section, wouldn't have survived without it!

Sorry for the black color, making some other castings . . .:D :$

The parts you see here are, from left to right: bandana, jaw, eyepatch, base. Happy to have a solid base, so now I can do the final math on balancing the skull once it's molded.
5589-firstpullswillie.jpg

Got the eyepatch prototype done, and it's pretty cool!!
5590-prototypeeyepatchwillie.jpg

More to come at the end of the week! Stay tuned!

Looking forward to end of the week! Very nice (I loved the movie as a kid).

I like the replica of the willie skull, but your avatar photo could use some work though.

Loved Goonies as a kid, this skull brings back a lot of good memories. Would be interested in a casting when you have them for sale.

Any plans to offer a full size?

No plans for full size. This one was just for fun and experience. But you know me, gotta get the mold payed off! :lol

Pulling the main mold on Monday! Can't wait to get the whole thing cast!! :love

Prototype done and balanced on the base! I'm beyond pleased with how this came out. Hope you guys like it as well.

5995-willyprototype1.jpg

5996-willyprototype2.jpg

I'm going to do another casting, as this first one had some problems around the teeth, but I've since figured it out; and I'm also experimenting with adding a paisly patern to the bandanna as well as the hand painted flowers(I already accomplished this, but want it to be just a bit better).

If I get enough interest, I'd like to offer finished castings, of course. The whole things didn't take much resin to create, and the main skull is backed in rigid foam. I'm also adding a 'Goonies' logo name plate to the base.

Enjoy! More to come!!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back