Blade Runner Blaster with Blaster Core V3.0

RedArc

Blade Runner Blaster with Blaster Core v3 ( Offworld M2019C with metal receiver )

After a long road i already have finished my prototype .

The Blade runner blaster was always my favorite blaster of all times an after hearing about an new Blaster Core run i begun to plan an conversion .

There are not much accurate blasters out there they will let you do such an conversion .
The Offworld Inc model was the best to start with the first time such a project in fact that you can splitt up the blaster fast in its pieces .

The metal receiver give the , mainly made of ABS plastic , blaster an good weight an feel .

I weathered it a little bit in some areas to make it look more used and not brand new out of the box especially at the barrel , butt blade and the trigger guard wich
hurts after some time when you dont sand it down at the under area where the middle finger rests . Now you can hold it long without any pain ^^
The ABS makes it also easy to trimm and cut like you need it but its also an Cram Fu challenge , like nothing before , for me :p

I my head i would add more features like an led for the single and auto mode , clip detection for the drum and the second trigger working as an aux button
but there was not much space left for such things and i had to throw it overboard :-\

The sound fond making was also an challenge too , in fact that there are not much movie sounds in the net and i had to take all sounds from the movie itself what given me
some headache in the first few hours :D
The Blaster Core V3.0 ist the best sound board i ever owned and i got it from Plecter Labs .com . Thanks Erv´for your awesome work ! ^^

I´m really happy with my conversion and now i know what´s possible an whats not and so i can go the next step
with an Richard Coyle full metal kit from Propsummit.com a Blade Runner Prop Community Forum BladeRunnerProps.comIndex to build from ground up .

Maybe this is gonna be up for sale in the next time but i´m not sure where , so keep an eye open if you want to snap it ;)

Some glams :

Specs :
2x 10440 protected trustfire for 7,4v
2,1 mm recharge bort in the drum
2w Premium speaker inside the drum
5 red leds in the ammo box for bargraph
2 green 3mm leds on the sight rod for ray flash
2 x ultrabright 5mm red and blue (3,4v , 20ma ,18500 mcd )
for main flash and auxflash in the barrel
rumble motor inside the grip section

sound fonds :
Deckard Blade Runner
Half Life 2 ( combine )
Plecter Blaster
imperial trooper
shotgun
DH-17

I-saber : Blade Runner Tracks ( opening title , Blade runner blues , end title + special one )

YouTube - Blade Runner Blaster FX light and sound with Blaster Core v3 .mov

Thanks for watching !

Last edited:
wow! Great looking Blaster! I am redoing a MiM Plastic Metal right now that will have the offworld metal upper reciever, offworld light box, and Don Parker butt plate.

Having trouble painting the mag box, and side plates right now to get a good look, but getting a LOT of practice sanding.

Great work. Man, that is a ton of wiring. Had to be a little tedious. I don't think I could do it! Very impressive. Great video too. The LED muzzle flashes look good on video too.

Oh my god that is sick...so extremely cool. Love the soundtrack function too. That is awesome! Thank you for the mention to propsummit too.

Andy

Impressive.. I wouldn't be surprised if it has a mini projector that can play the whole movie. But the ammo indicator is not very plausible (you don't want your "enemy" to see how many rounds you have left).

Thanks a lot guys for your kind words ^^

I´m glad you like it !

The ammo indicator is an show off how i could look and is fully adjustable in the config file of each sound bank !
So that means you can configure the Leds like you want .

You can also make the Leds get blinky in that order you want because there is also an Led txt file to configure this also :)

Blaster Core v3 ... pure evolution ^^

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back