iron man arc reactor help!

diamonddizz

hi guys, im new to all this and am looking at making my first prop, as i love iron man and have seen all the amazing iron man props/costumes you all have made i was thinking of starting of with something a little more simple than a full suit, can anyone one help or give me suggestions, on how to start? and whether or not the arc reactor is alot more difficult than it looks???

i have never made an arc reactor but i think that it is both difficult to make but is easy once you get the hang of it :) loads of extremely detailed arc reactos on this website.

just use the search bar and you will find loads of arc reactor threads which show exactly step by step what was done.

if u know whats pepakura and know how to use it i advise you to make an iron man helmet, its fun and looks great once finished :) here is mine so far:

KICX6204.jpg

KICX6199.jpg

hi guys, im new to all this and am looking at making my first prop, as i love iron man and have seen all the amazing iron man props/costumes you all have made i was thinking of starting of with something a little more simple than a full suit, can anyone one help or give me suggestions, on how to start? and whether or not the arc reactor is alot more difficult than it looks???

You can check out instructables.com as well search for arc reactors. Honus had a great how to on an arc reactor there.

aw thanks guys! i have a template for the helmet, but its not pepakura, i know what pep is and am seriously considering using it, helmet is looking sweet is it pep??

thanks :) yep, thats a pepped helmet which i then fiberglassed and resined and then used body filler to make it smooth :)

also installed magnets so chin and faceplate can come off and soon planning to install hinges and light up eyes :)

thanks :) yep, thats a pepped helmet which i then fiberglassed and resined and then used body filler to make it smooth :)

also installed magnets so chin and faceplate can come off and soon planning to install hinges and light up eyes :)

so far its looking sweet!!! hopefull ill have one to show if all goes well, how long did this take if you dont mind me asking?

so far its looking sweet!!! hopefull ill have one to show if all goes well, how long did this take if you dont mind me asking?

no problem :) : well the cutting out of the paper bits and lguing them together took me roughly around 10 hours (thats pure work time).

then the fiberglassing takes about 2 days (from start to dry state) and bondo alltogether took me about 10 hours altogether.

You see I finished the helmet and thought I was done with it but then decided to make it more smooth :)

So alltogether if you work hard everyday you can make your own helmet in 2 weeks :)

but of course mistakes happen and sometimes you cant be bothered to work. everything can stretch out up to 2 months or even half a year :)

also a lot of time is spent on thinking about you next steps, what you are going to do and how you are going to do it.

and this is my 2nd attempt, my first attempt on an iron man helmet (which was my 1st ever pep) was a disaster:

CIMG2609.jpg

but at least i learned a lot from that ;)

ah right nice one ill prob be working on it part time as i usually am busy but then theres days when theres **** all to do!!! ill get round to downloading pepakura and see how i go with it, where will i find the templates/pep files?

Createing your own arc is not extremely difficult. We had some problems with the electronics (to get the leds alligned perfectly). We're now working on creating a PCB with the exact location of the leds to make sure it looks perfect!
good luck! IM is idd a great project to work on!

Createing your own arc is not extremely difficult. We had some problems with the electronics (to get the leds alligned perfectly). We're now working on creating a PCB with the exact location of the leds to make sure it looks perfect!
good luck! IM is idd a great project to work on!

sorry but whats ' IM is idd' lol

ok guys lol, ive come across another prob, i were looking to download pepakura but i use a mac and i dont think it runs on mac!?!

You can either get the program that allows you to run Windows on Macs (Parallel, I think it's called?), and your chosen version of Windows (no reason not to use Win7, IMO) to use Pepakura Viewer or Designer, or you can try and get someone to convert the .PDO files you need to .pdf so you can open them with Acrobat Reader. Note that if you do it this way, it's far cheaper but you'll need that person to scale the .PDO for you before converting to .pdf, so the part will fit you. Somewhat more complicated.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back