HIC Side Panel Discovery

It is possible to really spend a lot on a build, but there have been many made on not much of a budget at all. If you haven't joined the yahoo hic builders' group, you should, and post there that you're looking for budget side panels.

I did join the Yahoo group, several weeks ago, to get some detail on the HIC in general. I'll post there & see what comes of it. :) Thank you, sir!

Sorry for tacking onto this thread but for some reason, despite having more than 20 posts, I'm unable to post on the junkyard... I have managed to source some more original Volvo panels.

Please PM me for details. Same price as set on this thread.

Again apologies for posting here.

I just have to add that I am extremely grateful for the work put down in discovering this part.
I feel like a spoiled kid, just arriving to a completely decked out dinnertable and helping myself of information.
I live in Norway and the Volvo 343 was a pretty common car here, so when I decided to build myself a HIC I just had to phone up a few salvageyards and an original sidepanel was on its way to me in the mail.

Thanks again for making this discovery.

I just have to add that I am extremely grateful for the work put down in discovering this part.
I feel like a spoiled kid, just arriving to a completely decked out dinnertable and helping myself of information.
I live in Norway and the Volvo 343 was a pretty common car here, so when I decided to build myself a HIC I just had to phone up a few salvageyards and an original sidepanel was on its way to me in the mail.

Thanks again for making this discovery.

You're welcome. It was a lucky set of circumstances that came together.

Could anyone check and see if the arms for IG88 may happen to be the rack and pinion suspension from the Volvo?

Thank you

I need to dig this thread up and ask a question. I’m building my HIC, and landed a Volvo 343 panel by chance on eBay. The puzzling thing is, it’s brand new. Are they still producing this? Here’s the photos.

IMG_9031.jpg

IMG_9032.jpg

There have been a number of panels found that are new old stock, which is what you likely have there. Congrats! I wish I had a new old stock version. I've tracked down and made over 150 of them for builders, but never found an unused one.

There have been a number of panels found that are new old stock, which is what you likely have there. Congrats! I wish I had a new old stock version. I've tracked down and made over 150 of them for builders, but never found an unused one.

Thanks! That’s awesome to know!

From the eBay listing, it looks to be a modern reproduction made for people who want to keep their old 323s running. Pretty cool. I wonder where they got the specs. I drive a first gen Miata (NA), and you can practically build a whole new car from the individual parts available out there new and used for R&R.

they made reproductions of these?

From the eBay listing, it looks to be a modern reproduction made for people who want to keep their old 323s running. Pretty cool. I wonder where they got the specs. I drive a first gen Miata (NA), and you can practically build a whole new car from the individual parts available out there new and used for R&R.

I have been making (what may turn out to have been very costly) researches on this subject. Not sure what to think at this point.
But life, as per spec, has been getting in the way of extracurricular activities.

It’s still in the radar screen...

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back