Admiral Ackbar costume

EyeintheSky

Hi to you all,
I hust wanted to share with you my Ackbar costume.
Head and gloves are from Korbanth (Thanks Randy for it!!!). I built eyes in plastic - made in order they seem to look at you from any angle you look the mask - replacing the latex ones and rebuilding the lids in latex.
Insigna are made from forex and other plastic parts, belt made in fiberglass.
The "jacket" is not a final release (I had nop time to make it 100% movie accurate in order to be ready for the most important italian comic con, next release it's on its way).
Any comments will be appreciated!

Last edited:
Thanks! added more pictrures. Next time I'll make some handcuffs of the proper size to wear trooping with my other fellows from the 501st italica garrison - imperial propaganda! ;)

I have the same mask and hands from Korbanth. Let me ask you how well you see out the mouth. My son (age 19) who wears Admiral Ackbar, says he can't see anything and had to be led around by the hand.

Thanks,

Don G.

I have the same mask and hands from Korbanth. Let me ask you how well you see out the mouth. My son (age 19) who wears Admiral Ackbar, says he can't see anything and had to be led around by the hand.

Your son is right, it is very difficult to see out of it (even ear something is difficult because the latex of the mask is thick), also because when the mask lays on your shoulders the mouth is not in line with your eyes inside it (lower), so you have to "crouch" your head inside the mask in order to see something. I would say "it's a trap!" should be a good description of the feeling of being inside that mask! :lol
Next time I'll try to add some padding at the top of the mask and under the shoulders in order to see more comfortably, hoping this would not modify the shape of the character.
Anyway it helped to open the mouth (the original mask has two "asimmetrical" holes) adding a black small net in order to see out but not to be seen from out.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone for the interest!
Just a couple of pictures.

Insigna - poor reference pictures in internet, unfortunately:

Two main blocks for the belt - as above, it's quite impossible to find a good picture of the external block even in the movie:

A picture that show more or less how i made the eyes - those two were made for testing purposes.

That is fantastic...its nice to see my work shown off by the artistic fans...I am happy your costume came out so nice. I still have a few latex heads/hand sets...and a few other latex heads I have are

LATEX painted wearable CAD BANE the bounty hunter from CLONE WARS - HEAD MASK
LATEX painted wearable Gamorrean Guard with hinged jaw - ROTJ style - HEAD MASK
LATEX painted wearable REE YEES from Jabba's Sail Barge - ROTJ Style - HEAD MASK

What is the cost of just an Ackbar mask?

ITs $250 for a latex mask unpainted or $325 for a set of head and hands unpainted...or $525 all painted ready to wear for you. would look very much like the cool one seen here...PM me if interested, I dont want this cool show off thread being sidetracked.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back