"Time after Time" Time Machine - any good pics of it?

Jet Beetle

Sr Member
Gone but not forgotten.
I've searched google and found nothing other than a few small pictures - I'm starting work on my garage kit and wanted to make sure I've got the right color scheme going. I've gotten just about all I can from screencaps -

thanks if you can help

Has anyone made a kit of this, or does anyone have some comprehensive info to do same? I had a chance to buy a super-rare kit of this machine a couple of years ago, but couldn't afford it. I've been kicking myself...hard...ever since. I'd LOVE to get my paws on a model of this machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got mine years ago on the bay and have never seen another version of it. My kit is a nightmare - it was cast half and half then slapped together unevenly, it took me weeks to correct that -. The garage kit I have was made by a former member here who is hated through-out the community so his stuff doesn't pop up all that often - if you get another shot at one - and you must have it, get it or scratch build one.

Yeah, I figured that was a one and only opportunity. I believe the kit I had a shot at was of the same run as yours..A rough half-cast. Although, as I understand it..It was molded from a miniature from the film itself.

Special thanks to Sawduster for the reference pics. You, sir..are THE man when it comes to Time Machines, Robby the Robot and countless other iconic sci-fi stuff :)

Jet, do you have a pic of your Time After Time model? I'd love to see how it turned out, but if you didn't finish it, I'd also appreciate any pics of the kit.

Thanks, guys!

Well, if anyone has, or knows anyone who has more detail on this prop, or the cast of the screen-used miniature, I'd love to have it. I can't find schematics or comprehensive details on this prop..In fact, I've not seen too much beyond screen grabs. Before launching a scratch build of this, I'd sure like to have a little more info..

Well, from the "never throw anything out" file comes this random pic. I can't tell you when it was taken, but my educated guess puts it no later than the late 80's. It came from a series of shots that were taken at The Burbank Studios (aka: Warner Bros, back when they were sharing space with Columbia Pictures) in their prop shop/mill. I believe they were on a location scout (or prop rental) for a commercial. I posted some other photos in the Screen Used/Lost or Destroyed thread that were taken on the same lot but for a different project. It's the only one I could see on the roll (most were of planes hanging from the rafters).

Enjoy.

Gene

Attachments

• TimeAfterTime-Prop.jpg
    TimeAfterTime-Prop.jpg
    862.1 KB · Views: 902
That's a really great Photo Gene!! Too bad you couldn't find more... the only other good photos I've seen of "The Argo" were on Don Colleman's website, hopefully someone will find more soon!

That looks like it would be a great style to decorate one of the little three wheeled electric cars with:).

Well, from the "never throw anything out" file comes this random pic. I can't tell you when it was taken, but my educated guess puts it no later than the late 80's. It came from a series of shots that were taken at The Burbank Studios (aka: Warner Bros, back when they were sharing space with Columbia Pictures) in their prop shop/mill. I believe they were on a location scout (or prop rental) for a commercial. I posted some other photos in the Screen Used/Lost or Destroyed thread that were taken on the same lot but for a different project. It's the only one I could see on the roll (most were of planes hanging from the rafters).

Enjoy.

Gene

Hi there....
I did a GOOGLE for Argo+time machine. I got 5 or 6 pics that I have not seen posted in this thread. You might want to try that. I would so love to see the Argo as an art Car at Burning Man !!!

~Edwin~

*Better Search*--- Go with "Time After Time Movie" There is a Japenese movie poster with a full side view.

Last edited:
Stephen Kundrat has just completed a 1/12 scale miniature of this fantastic prop. Here are a couple of pics of the ARGO, side by side. One is of the original full sized studio prop. The second is of Kundrat's miniature replica. Man, this gent is a talent...ARGO_01.jpgARGO4.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back