Alien anthology Blue ray

Anyone picked this up yet? I totally spaced that it came out tuesday and have been looking online for the best deal. The specs sound awesome but I wanted some first hand news.

Willie G! Where's the 411?

Anyone picked this up yet? I totally spaced that it came out tuesday and have been looking online for the best deal. The specs sound awesome but I wanted some first hand news.

Willie G! Where's the 411?

STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING. BUY IT NOW.

Seriously, it's awesome! I only got a brief flick through the first 2 films and an pleased to report they look stunning!

Absolutely awesome!!! Alien looks like an entirely new film. Your eye picks up all this little detail you didn't really see or notice before.

I knew about the other thread, and I read the specs just wanted info from other fans. The old set was freaking awesome, the best money I ever spent on a set and wondered if it was worth it to do it again? Sounds like it is. I heard the burke scenes are there. Cool. Also love the idea of a score only feature.

im still going thru mine but it looks like they included almost everything from previous releases. deffinately a best of the year. theres 2 full bonus disks which also include rare gems like that alien legacy bonus material, alien saga dvd, etc.

I was set to order the egg for 135 but if you watch the video, it isn't as detailed paint-wise as the one they were displaying at comiccon. Looks like typical, plastic-y packaging. I don't think that is worth 45 more dollars.

Edit: Just found out that it comes with a $50 gift card for sideshowtoy.com. Hmmmmm......

Last edited:
I was set to order the egg for 135 but if you watch the video, it isn't as detailed paint-wise as the one they were displaying at comiccon. Looks like typical, plastic-y packaging. I don't think that is worth 45 more dollars.

Edit: Just found out that it comes with a $50 gift card for sideshowtoy.com. Hmmmmm......

the giftcards are usually only good for "selected items" usually crap you dont want

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back