Sherlock Props

nick daring

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This show rocks but there aren't a lot of signature props.

A nice one to find would be Sherlock's expanding magnifying glass.

It's a small plastic lens in a black casing the snaps open and shut when the black ends are pulled apart.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Look familiar to anyone?

Nick

it's elementary, my dear watson, elementary.

When you are looking for props from a show, one of the first things you want to look for are forums dedicated to the show. They sometimes have the answers already :)

A show set in stark reality like this one is also more likely to use found items as the basis of most of their recognizable props. That's my hypothesis, anyways. :)

Good to hear there will be more episodes. But having to wait an entire year.....i was already feeling so sorry for myself having to wait till June/July for the next season of "Breaking Bad" :lol

it's elementary, my dear watson, elementary.

When you are looking for props from a show, one of the first things you want to look for are forums dedicated to the show. They sometimes have the answers already :)
Now I'm disappointed! I would have thought you'd authored a monograph detailing one-hundred-and-fifty-two types of magnifiers and their use in solving crime!:lol

Nice find! :thumbsup

Just picked up one of these locally and for once, cheaper than overseas prices, great prop, outstanding production, thanks Nick.
Anybody working on anything else from ths?

I don't know if this can be counted as a prop, per se (unless we're creating the category of "Audio Props"), but I've just cobbled together a rough approximation of Sherlock's Irene Adler text tone. It's now my girlfriend's text tone, though she doesn't know it yet :angel

It's an iPhone text alert (.m4r), as I'm not sure what formats other phones use. I'm sure it could be converted fairly easily for any other phone, if need be.

Enjoy!

Moan.m4r

I too was curious about Adler's phone. Of course, you would have to mod it to have the unlocking code screen!
I'm actually more interested in Sherlock's wardrobe than anything else.
I'd like to identify the shoes and scarf he wears.
There is an ebay seller that offers custom jackets that are fairly accurate and VERY reasonably priced so I will go with that.

OK - edit...
Just checked out that informative link about the wardrobe.
WAYYYYY too expensive! Especially considering that the wardrobe choices are common looking enough that you can find any number of "close enough" alternatives that look the part exactly.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back