Sherlock Props

More of an digital prop, but here is the blog of Dr. Watson. It's still at 1895 hits:lol
The blog of Dr. John. H. Watson

Here is a picture of my Eschenbach magnifying glass. It's more dark gray than black in real life.
few-pics-my-little-collection-magglass.jpg-67210d1315584778

H&M is a good source for reasonably priced "designer" style clothing. I was there the other day and saw many items that could be used for a convincing Sherlock wardrobe.

I just watched the 3 episodes and looks like another winner in my book!

I'll vouch for H&M, that is by far my favorite clothing store to shop.

Just finished first season, very nice! I'll have to get that magnifier and the Alexander Mcqueen tie.

Always wanted a coat from Belstaff as well....

I love the $20,000 watch.

Heads up, Sherlockology has a link to a site with the magnifier for 18£ and a special promotional coupon code. 25% off plus free shipping worldwide. Snatched one up. It's lovely and a great deal!

Heads up, Sherlockology has a link to a site with the magnifier for 18£ and a special promotional coupon code. 25% off plus free shipping worldwide. Snatched one up. It's lovely and a great deal!

Thanks for the heads up, that is a great price.

I'm wondering why an intelligent brain such as Holmes uses an "old school" magnifier with a spherical lens. Eschenbach has nice nonspherical lenses in its product range. Objects aren't distorted, if you observe them through a nonspherical lens.

eBay store, where you can buy the magnifier for Euro 25,50 and shipping is free for german buyers.

Last edited:

Thanks for the heads-up. Just bought one. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

excellent stuff-- well done mate'...

There is so much sharing of info here-- it's just great to see others achievements and knowledge--

fianlly my first post here was today - feel free to have a look if you like Pirates of the Caribeean -- POTC --

PB I like so many props and models I really dont have a favourite,, - but I know a lot about most-- but always happy to learn more,, --

I ordered my magnifying lens yesterday through the sherlockology link/coupon. I have to say, that site is great as far as props goes. It's detailed, organized and gives the links to actually buy 'em! It's rare to find a site like that.

And Roland, Sherlock is an eccentric man who looks at things differently than most people. If I were to guess what a fictional character was thinking, I'd say that the magnifying lens is more of a prop for him than an actual functioning tool. Sort of like a magician with their wand. Just a simple, plausible distraction for the real work.

-Ryan

love this show, watched it with the wife a couple of weeks ago. I really hope they will be doing more episodes.

the magnifying glass is an Eschenbach Designo Pocket Magnifier

Eschenbach Designo Pocket Magnifier: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home
After reading this thread, I have managed to obtain one of these beauties, and let me assure you, not only are they great for prop collectors, it also works a treat as well!

If you haven't got one of these yet, and are a fan of Sherlock, then what are you waiting for?! :lol

I own the magnifier, the cushion, the note book and the cluedo game. I also made some props, like a letter to be knived to the mantlepiece and the small note Sherlock recieved from the tramp saying Vauxhall Arches.

I've been searching for the red wallpaper on the fireplace wall for sometime now and I haven't found anything. I was unable to even a decent enough picture to create my own pattern, so I figure it's high time to ask here. Anyone know anything about it? I emailed the guys at Sherlockology and they said it may be a vintage wallpaper, but maybe someone here with connections can ask for a sample from the production team ;O?

I own the magnifier, the cushion, the note book and the cluedo game. I also made some props, like a letter to be knived to the mantlepiece and the small note Sherlock recieved from the tramp saying Vauxhall Arches.

Where can the magnifier be purchased?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back