Back to the Future Guitars

@EmmaInCandyland, do the strings on your Chiquita thread through from the back of the body? Do you know the make/model of the bridge? Is it a Schaller?

Most Chiquitas I’ve seen for sale have the wrong bridge and the new ones use a “Tune-o-matic, bad-ass style” bridge, which isn’t right either.

It's a saddle bridge, some of the old Fenders had these too. It's not hard to find the right saddles, but it'd harder to find a plate that has the right dimensions for the chiquita..

If you want to swap with an old bridge with saddles, that will be complicated to do so, because they are much smaller, and this would leave big holes onto the chiquitas that have the new bridge on... Unless you find someone to repair it, but there's no way you can repaint these, you'd need to strip off the whole varnish and repaint it all, which is a problem and a really expensive process!

Emma, I always really enjoy the items you bring forward to share, as well as all the knowledge you gain from figuring out how to complete your collection :) Thank you

Thank you :) I already had a bit of knowledge in guitars to begin with as I have been playing it for 10 years now x)! Always happy to share what I find out though!

My guitar is finally finished!! Only got the scratch plate left to install, but here it is!!

DSC_0270.jpg

DSC_0276.jpg

WOAH!!! Rock N Roll! :)
It looks amazing. Great work. Did you find the scratch plate easily? I had a major trying to find one to fit mine. I even visited the Gibson factory in Memphis and asked to buy one but even though they had them out the back they wouldn't sell me one :(.
I love all the background stuff too. It looks like Mayor Goldie Wilson likes your axe too ;P

WOAH!!! Rock N Roll! :)
It looks amazing. Great work. Did you find the scratch plate easily? I had a major trying to find one to fit mine. I even visited the Gibson factory in Memphis and asked to buy one but even though they had them out the back they wouldn't sell me one :(.
I love all the background stuff too. It looks like Mayor Goldie Wilson likes your axe too ;P

Well, I got one that fits perfectly, however, in the movie there's a slight gap after the first humbucker... So the guy that worked on my headstock might try to fix it for me :p We'll see!

Also, do you guys know which guitar strap would be accurate for the gibson?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back