Back to the Future Guitars

Looking good. Can they switch out the knobs for the more-accurate black ones? Though I can't tell if the original black knobs had silver or gold tops. I went with silver on mine to match my hardware.

Also, let me know if you need a line on the dark brown leather strap. I'm very happy with mine.

Well I've been in touch with my seller and it turns out he cant get the cream tuners or the pick guard so I'm going to have to source them elsewhere and add them myself. Other than that though looking good I think.

View attachment 544276

Looking good. Can they switch out the knobs for the more-accurate black ones? Though I can't tell if the original black knobs had silver or gold tops. I went with silver on mine to match my hardware.

Also, let me know if you need a line on the dark brown leather strap. I'm very happy with mine.

Yeah, I already asked them to switch them out to Black with gold tops. It was on my list before they started on the thing, so I don't know how they got it wrong.

PM with with details on the strap you got. Definitely interested if it's accurate.

I'm guessing that Ibanez guitars rarely came with whammy bars if at all and it was up to the owner to decide to install one or not. Almost all Ibanez guitars I see have the port to add a whammy bar and very few already have one. With Marty's Roadstar II 430 I have yet to see one with the same looking whammy bar, so I'm leaning towards that it is up to the owner.

Scored an Ibanez Roadstar II 430 in great condition. Now I'm searching for the correct red strap and off white back plate. The plate that comes with the guitar is black.

Is there anyone else that owns all three guitars? I don't think I've seen anyone with a complete collection of guitars.

So I've been searching for a guitar strap to match Marty's Ibanez strap, but cannot find one with a brown leather end piece and just a rounded top end piece. All the straps I found either had both ends with black leather or brown leather. So I have decided to take a strap I found with the correct shape brown leather pieces, and just remove one of them and round the end with scissors. This is the one I found. The silver oak leaf will be taken off as well lol The screen used strap looks like it's nylon and this one looks like maybe a cotton blend. I might just take the leather piece without the logo from this one and attach it to a nylon strap.
71oe7EJFcFL._SX522_.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like I've hit a hurdle with the guy doing my guitar. I asked for a pic of the back of the guitar before he was due to send it out, and the damn neck is the wrong width for the body! I asked why this is the case and the seller said I should have let them know before they made it. I gave a pretty exhaustive list of specifications and pictures, I told him I didn't expect to have to tell him to get the right size neck for the body too. 9 months of waiting, and they're already on their second attempt, and I'm now being met by radio silence. I hope the dude sorts himself out and gets back in touch with me since I already paid a deposit.

back guitar.jpg

I play the guitar and I can't even afford an acoustic that I wanted xD
so sadly I don't even have one guitar from the movie, even though I have been looking for a few a few times :(

I play the guitar and I can't even afford an acoustic that I wanted xD
so sadly I don't even have one guitar from the movie, even though I have been looking for a few a few times :(

Accurate Ibanez guitars show up from time to time for decent prices. I got mine for $225 U.S. shipped. It just needs a whammy bar. The Chiquita is a different story. It took months of looking on eBay for me and it was a little pricey. Around $350 I think. I still need to get accurate black pickups and black truss rod cover though. And a replica of the Gibson is by far the most expensive when you add up all the little things I added to it. I might even add an authentic B7 eventually. So with a real Bigsby, probably around $800.

booshman, any update on your guitar? I've decided to upgrade my Chiquita. I got it in alright shape, but it had bad fret buzz, and when connected to an amp the sound would cut in and out. So right now all the electronics are removed and a local guitar repair shop has all the parts I need to make it into the version from the movie. Except for the black truss rod cover. I will probably paint that. I will either have it done by the end of the week or after I get back from leave.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately no. I haven't been in contact with the seller since he refused to rectify the error with the body/ neck sizing. Even after I pointed out that every guitar pictured in his shop has the correct sizing, he wouldn't concede it was his issue. I'm out $150 to have the joker make 2 guitars that were incorrect to my spec.

Unfortunately no. I haven't been in contact with the seller since he refused to rectify the error with the body/ neck sizing. Even after I pointed out that every guitar pictured in his shop has the correct sizing, he wouldn't concede it was his issue. I'm out $150 to have the joker make 2 guitars that were incorrect to my spec.

So sorry to hear that. Unfortunately Chinese replicas will never be exactly how we want it or 100% accurate. Mostly because of the language barrier and their reputation to swindle people who don't speak Chinese.

Trust me, the guy had copious amounts of notes in Chinese and my phone number to ring if he was unsure of anything. He still managed to medd the body up twice. I realise that the electronics wouldn't be the best and I'd have to replace them of I wanted it to sounds really nice, but there's no fixing the mistake he made with the neck size. For the price of the guitar I expect the body to be pretty damn near perfect. Which is shame since from the front, other than the knob placement being a bit off, it was fine.

Hey guys,

I have finally managed to grab myself a Chiquita! However it came with the white humbucker? Could anyone help me find the correct pickups? I am having such a hard time! The ones from the movie don't have any holes on the front cover, and they also have curved extremetites (not entirely flat)... Either way, I've been searching all over the Internet, and can't find similar ones :x

Also, does anybody have a black/gold truss cover to spare? :p Thanks!

Have you contact Mark from Erlewineguitars ? He is a nice guy and can help as well provide sources. Btw, can sharing pics of yours?

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I have finally managed to grab myself a Chiquita! However it came with the white humbucker? Could anyone help me find the correct pickups? I am having such a hard time! The ones from the movie don't have any holes on the front cover, and they also have curved extremetites (not entirely flat)... Either way, I've been searching all over the Internet, and can't find similar ones :x

Also, does anybody have a black/gold truss cover to spare? :p Thanks!

It looks to me like any cheap humbucker without adjustable pole pieces would work. Most aftermarket pickups won't be like that. It's usually an attribute of cheap pickups. There are a bunch of them on eBay right now if you just search "humbucker," or you could check with a local guitar shop and see if they have anything they've taken out of somebody else's guitar.

back_to_the_future_chiquita.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back