What Are The Preliminary Reviews On The Force Unleashed II

azheat01

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Haven't picked it up yet, wanted to get some more feedback. I've heard visually it's nice, a bit repetitive, linear like the first one, not as good, better, etc, etc.

Anyone here have any stick time on this yet? I really liked the first one, big SW fan, is it worth it?

I put about 3 hours in last night. I like the improvements in the graphics. Load speed is a lot faster. I'm digging the improvements in the lightsaber crystals. The mind trick power is quickly becoming one of my favorites. The game is fast, smooth, and so far, a lot of fun. Force powers come pretty quickly too, which I think is a plus as it gives some continuity to the game (i.e. you don't start off gimped).

No review would be proper without the negatives. This one has a different feel than the first one. It's definitely more slanted towards action than strategy. It looks like they eliminated the force combos in favor of a more simplified system. The mini-map looks to be gone as well. If you liked the RPG aspects of TFU 1, those are mostly gone. So far I haven't encountered too much of the story, which I'm hoping will pick up as the game progresses. The game does feel more linear too.

Overall, it's got some good features. I'm eager to continue on for the story and the action is fun. I would have liked to see some more of the features from the TFU 1 make a return appearance but I don't think the overall experience is too negatively affected by their exclusion. I give it 1.5 :thumbsup pending final review :)

I'm now at 6 hours in and have one level left in the main story. I haven't tried all the challenge modes yet (or really know what they are). It could be that the designers focused on that. That's actually kind of a shame since the story in the TFU 1 was actually very well done. This one is a little lacking. Maybe the ending makes up for it?

Agreed about it being really short. This game is definitely a rental or pick up a used copy not unless yr a die hard Star Wars fan. The graphics though are a lot better. Story is kinda weak imo

I am a die hard SW fan. I've only played through the first level (I am a busy boy) and have to say it is fun. The negative I see it is a fancy rail shooter. That said, sometimes rail shooters can be fun.

I'm not much of a gamer. I have a small handful of Xbox 360 games and my regular fix has been CoD Modern Warfare 2 on XBL since it was released - I never even finished the actual game. I do play NHL 10 with the nephew on occasion.

My biggest complaint with FU is that there is NO head to head on Force Unleashed 2!! You could do this on FU1 (at least on the Wii) but I can't find any option like this on FU2... so I can't have a lightsaber battle with the nephew. I'm extremely disappointed with that.

I've got a few hours into the game... and I'm not terribly impressed.

I downloaded the demo on the PS3 and got to say I liked it alot. The graphics look pretty cool and I like the dual sabers. I think I would have to play FU first though before I go all gung ho and get the second.
Just got the PS3 about a month ago so I am a little behind on the gaming. Catching up slowly though lol!

I'm not much of a gamer. I have a small handful of Xbox 360 games and my regular fix has been CoD Modern Warfare 2 on XBL since it was released - I never even finished the actual game. I do play NHL 10 with the nephew on occasion.

My biggest complaint with FU is that there is NO head to head on Force Unleashed 2!! You could do this on FU1 (at least on the Wii) but I can't find any option like this on FU2... so I can't have a lightsaber battle with the nephew. I'm extremely disappointed with that.

I've got a few hours into the game... and I'm not terribly impressed.

Ya, that was a Wii exclusive. Didn't you have to wait a bit longer for that version too? I can't remember.

Anyways, this sequel was rushed, so it's not too surprising that it's short, missing on some features, story not on par with the first, etc. But I have my copy waiting at home....just need to find the time...

This has been the bane of ALL LucasArts games in recent years. I am glad they are not trying to rush out TOR.

That's because they learned THAT lesson with SWG.

What surprises me is that the rushed this one out...but released it BEFORE the Xmas shopping season. I don't get pushing for an October release date, unless you have other product that you dont' want it crowding out in Novemebr/December.

It's doubly surprising when it isn't coinciding with yet another DVD release of the films.

It's doubly surprising when it isn't coinciding with yet another DVD release of the films.
That move KILLED SWG. Yeah, I cannot wrap my head around pushing for an October release. I would have waited til Christmas to get it. I know they did not want to compete with CoD 5, or 6...whatever number they are on.

Black Ops can kiss my rear. I am waiting on BF: Viet Nam.

I'll be wrapping up the story mode tonight and starting on some of the challenges. Based on the pre-order codes I got, it looks like the devs spent most of their time making those as opposed to the story.

Now that there stings. I REALLY enjoyed the story in MW2, even as short as it was.
I'm not really a gamer. I prefer the 15 minute gameplay that online play brings... I did more of the story in MW2 than I did for the previous CoD WWII games.

Ya, that was a Wii exclusive. Didn't you have to wait a bit longer for that version too? I can't remember.
I have no idea. I am really disappointed that there is no way to play with another person on this game - that lightsaber battle would be killer on this game. Bummer.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back