Licensed Blade Runner Spinner Replica

its not the anubis?

Not according to the guy who made the video. The last part of his post says: "Base kit made by Medicom Toy":

7901929.jpeg

It's a little odd that he refers to the base model as a "kit," since neither the Medicom Future Car nor the Medicom Spinner are "kits."

Also, I've just now noticed that he posted the video on June 24, 2010, which I believe pre-dates the release of the Medicom Spinner.

Therefore, I would venture a guess that the model in the video is the Medicom Future Car, upgraded with the interior/exterior transformation kit by Broken Heros (sic).

According to the first part of his post, he used lighting from a company called "Maikon." I'm not familiar with this company, and don't know whether they romanize their name the way I've spelled it.

Interesting, well thats good news its a base cara like ours. I am wondering how he got the front wheel covers to light up and the yellow stripe above the rear wheel. On both the new version and old medicom version those are solid plastic.

No surprises, is as others have described.
Though I had to check to see if that one rectangular light on the drivers side light bar was supposed to be missing. It is.

Definitely 1/18 scale as compared to the Vette.
The doors open, but why would you? The interior is beyond sparse.
So shut they stay.

Got one of those flight displays coming soon so that is how I will display this one.

IMG_8596.jpg

Do you guys with this model think 1:18th scale lighting will fit ok? I dont want the lights to look too big and out of scale?

Also check out this guys video! I dont think its the same spinner, but he did a killer job on it.

YouTube - BLADE RUNNER - POLICE SPINNER Lighting decoration model

I think that's the TVC-15 resin model. A very rare kit, the holy grail for spinner fans back in the nineties and early 2000's. I never had the luck to buy one then (I think it costed around 35.000 yens at that time)

I think that's the TVC-15 resin model.

The video shows what appears to be a screw hole on the underside of the Spinner body, immediately in front of the right rear wheel:

5598958.jpeg

The Medicom Future Car has a hole in this same location.

The TVC-15 has no such hole.

What makes you think this is the TVC-15 rather than a modified Medicom, as stated by the person who made the video and reported in Post #101 of this thread?

You're absulutely right. I stand corrected. I thought it was the TVC-15 because the shapes of the frontal pods, some details in the interior and the small side window, the sirens, the decal, the siren on the left side with its support base and the inferior part of the car.. that all reminded me a lot to the TVC. But as you said (i missed that part) the original toy has been heavily modified... and heavily indeed! I still have 2 of the original "Future Cars" somewhere... I was thinkg on modify one but I may wait untill Randy realeases its kit instead. BTW I wish he had a blog or resume on his modifications and lightning, that spinner is simply amazing.

Regarding the new Medicom Spinner, the one thing I'm missing is the overhead instrument panel inside the car.

The video shows what appears to be a screw hole on the underside of the Spinner body, immediately in front of the right rear wheel:

5598958.jpeg

The Medicom Future Car has a hole in this same location.

The TVC-15 has no such hole.

What makes you think this is the TVC-15 rather than a modified Medicom, as stated by the person who made the video and reported in Post #101 of this thread?

Just got my Spinner (From HLJ) today and the front light, the one between the two front wheel pods is missing?!:angry

A friend in Japan ordered it for me... once you factor in the US Dollar being in the CRAPPER, and EMS shipping - it's over $500.

...and worth every penny :)

Very nice jason, that price is a kick in the pants though, ouch! Your other pics answered many questions on how the guy in the previous youtube vid got his medicom spinner lit up so nice, I had no idea the kit had so many extra parts.

I bet it's a long shot, but does anyone have the original Broken Heros (sic) interior detailing kit that they made for the BTTF II Future car to convert it into the spinner? Would love to update my current Medicom Spinner that came with the BluRay set with this exceptional interior (and I'm sure I'm not alone! :lol)

If you have it and are willing to sell, or know where I can track it down...Please let me know! :thumbsup

Broken Heroes is now making an upgrade kit for the new BD set Medicom version of the spinner, or in simpler terms, the interior.

Andy

This is TERRIFIC news Andy! This just made my day!!! Don't suppose you have a link or a way to contact them? I definitely need to get this kit to upgrade my BluRay set Medicom Spinner. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back