Licensed Blade Runner Spinner Replica

Bad news. I went to order the set from HLJ, since tomorrow was the last day to pre-order, and they're already not excepting any more preorders, listing it as an "Order Stop" which states:

[SIZE=-1]This is a new item that has not yet been released by the manufacturer. We have already taken all the orders we expect to be able to fill. No further orders will be accepted until supplies are confirmed when the product is released.[/SIZE]

I went to the next cheapest site (see my post above), otacute.com, and they also stopped taking preorders.

I then went to the next site, Hobby Search (1999.co.jpm), and was luckily able to reserve one through there, currently listed with an exchange rate of $153. In the order confirmation I received, they say:

"you need to make the payment within three days of receiving the "PayPal Payment Request" email from us. In the case of already-released items, we will send the "PayPal Payment Request" email a couple of days after the order is placed.In the case of pre-order items, we will send the "PayPal Payment Request" after the release of the item."

I know most everybody here thinks highly of hlj. Don't know if anyone has experience with this Hobby Search or not. Hopefully, they're a good site to get stuff from.

So if anyone else is thinking about getting in on this, hop to it. But geez, you'd think if there's THAT much of a demand for the spinner (as you can get the Blu-Ray anywhere), someone would see the value in mass-producing one. Oh well.

For what it's worth,
Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow....how....when.....price, :lol? That looks amazing, clear parts at long last and, looks like its cast by a Japanese goddess.

lee

34800 yen is for the larger spinner kit. The figures for the medicom are only 3400 yen about $42 bucks, but are also sold out.

Andy

Just did my payment to Hobby Search... wound up being $195 with shipping! That's almost $50 shipping!

Seems Hobby Link Japan still has them and at 20% off (instead of 15% like Hobby Search) and considerably cheaper shipping. Why, oh why, did the one day I decided to order did HLJ suddenly hold orders... then I go with Hobby Search, and miraculously HLJ has them offered again. $195... man, that's a lot of money for a Blu-Ray and a freakin' car.

Anywayz, if you're still looking, head over to HLJ... they say their stock is low though.

Merry F-ing Christmas to me. Luckily money grows on trees. :(

That's for letting us know - I'm more tempted than ever to place an order now, but have a feeling my wife would kill me! :)

Still, $146 for the blu-ray/car and $36 for shipping to the UK isn't that much cheaper than the price you paid at Hobby Search. Comes out at £118 - ouch!

Yeah, let's hope the car IS as cool as it looks.

And Nick, you could always list the blu-ray here or on ebay... get a couple bucks back. Of course, I don't know if they are packaged together in a nice way, meaning selling the blu-ray might take down the value or something.

Whoever gets theirs first let us know the story! :)

Chris

So I'm guessing even though the site is accepting "Pre-orders" but says delivery should be around December 2010....Nobody has received their Blue-Ray or Spinner yet?

I ordered through HLJ and received my shipping notice on Christmas Eve. It's due to arrive on Wednesday the 29th. I think shipping came out to about $25 w/FedEx international, so it was pretty reasonable. I'll try to post some shots when I have the chance.

In the meantime, if you do an ebay search, there's an auction that shows some in-hand photos of the packaging and the model (I won't post the link here). The wheel covers do flip up as speculated and all-in-all it looks pretty sharp. The box art looks pretty cool as well so I'm excited to get this in hand.

I ordered mine through Amazon Japan. Delivery expected today.

Amazon photos confirm that the wheel covers do flip up for "street mode." That was the deciding factor for me when I placed my order.

8851987.jpeg

That's great to see the ground configuration.

Hopefully it's a big seller and encourages further efforts.

I'd pay more for a lighted diecast no problem.

It was delivered to my front porch at 12:45 pm today, but was not there when I got home at 4pm :(...they almost never deliver home delivery before 4:30. I am depressed, but filed a police report. May be wandering my neighborhood looking at the curb recycling for a box with my name on it tonight.

Andy

Got mine today, was a bit suprised when I saw the box.. and how small it was. For some reason, seeing the pictures with the 12" figures next to it gave me the impression it would be a bit bigger.... Hummmmmm, still a cool piece.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back