New Matt Smith/11th Doctor Who boots

Dave Ward

Sr Member
Anyone ID'd these yet? :thumbsup
220910who3.jpg

DM: Those aren't the layer boots he wore last season, they're a less appealing but slightly similar item, much like everything else he'll be wearing this season.

Yes those aren't the All Saints Layer Boots he wore in Series 5. Smith was quoted in an interview saying they'd copied a pair of Russell and Bromley boots he wore for this season though the exact 'model' of boot has yet to be ID'd- likely from the spring '10 or fall/winter '09 collection.

The best 'close match' that's been found if one wants to buy something soonish for halloween or a fast approaching con etc is the Top Man Vintage Look Boots in black:

VINTAGE LOOK BOOTS - TOPMAN

I really need to update that blog post with the PS shirt re-issues (as problematic as I hear that they are) and current speculation info on the Series 6 costume (virtually none of it has been positively ID'd yet save for the SJA "Death of the Doctor" shirt he wears).

Why are they changing his costume? He already had two shirts, 10 had two suits, 9 had an infinite amount of v necks ... What now? :(

Okay, I just don't like trying to keep up with costumes and looks. GAH.

There was some speculation that they may be from Russell & Bromley in the UK, but no one has turned up the exact boots.

The costume has changed yes but it's the same look - tweed/bow tie/braces/skinny trousers and boots. But like Baker and Pertwee, fabrics, colors etc are changing. Nothing really new there. Even Colin Baker changed waistcoats and Eccelston changed jumpers.

I'm sorry, when I see him wear those glasses, I can't help but think "HEY LOOK! I'm David Tennant!"

Are those The Doctor's glasses or are they Matt Smith's? Looks like a script sitting on the tripod in front of him - could be Matt using his glasses to read the script inbetween takes.

am i the only one who thinks that the tie he has on is a clip on?

and two, the shirts for my uniform at work are the exact sam color as the shirt tennant wore in "the impossible planet"

Well the GAP pants were VERY thin stuff, so David went through a few pants. We think Matt Smiths costume parts are difficult to track down, but at least we are finding them! When Tennants whole suit is made from pants......

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back