Superman going emo??

The "new" Supes to me looks like a pissed off teen with a lot of angst and attitude, hiding under a hoodie...

No way in Hell will I ever accept *that* image as Superman, and I truly expect Chris Reeve to be spinning in his grave times 10 at the thought alone...

EDIT

Oh, and in order to leave a comment, you need to be registered with Yahoo... I ain't, and I just wasted 10 minutes of my like registering so I could post my one and only thought on the matter, on this site...

WTF ever happened to signing in or commenting as a "guest"? without needing to sign up?

Last edited:
Oh, and in order to leave a comment, you need to be registered with Yahoo... I ain't, and I just wasted 10 minutes of my like registering so I could post my one and only thought on the matter, on this site...

WTF ever happened to signing in or commenting as a "guest"? without needing to sign up?

Websites started getting sued for comments left by anonymous users so now they make you sign up.

its not superman emo, its an attempt to make an ultimate version of dc. all star isnt happening anymore because grant morrison and jim lee cant keep up with their egos. its not even a reboot, its not emo superman, its not any negative light you can shed on it.

give it a chance. its only going to be offered in graphic novel every few months so new readers can try out comic books.

How can we reboot Superman so that we can get a young audience, yet not **** off the old fans?

We can't!

No, no, there has to be a way. Teenage vampires are all the thing now. Let's give him red eyes!

Why?

Because red eyes are cool!

That's lame!

No. work with me. We need to make him edgier. More firece, lean and cut.

Let's just leave him alone.

No, no, you're thinking too small! We need to re-boot this guy. Let's make him young again!

Why not just make ANOTHER Superboy and give him a hoodie?

HOODIE! See, now you're getting into it!

That was sarcasm!

Too late, it's a great idea! Now he has a hoodie, and low wasted jeans so that we can really see his abs!

You're retarted!

Not really! Now we need to grab that young audience so that we can get those vampire lovers to read him.

Do you remember the whole death of Superman-rebirth-red-blue-Superman crap in the 90's?

This will work.

Just do his freaking back story and make it a one off then!

AWESOME! Everybody wins!

Yea, I bet it went something like that! :lol

At least it isn't the normal superman continuity though I am disturbed that its written by the guy who gave us that really good 9-11 issue of spiderman and babylon 5.

i just want to be sure the same crowd hating this isnt the same crowd that's praised the new wonderwoman change.

that is a shining example of what sucks.

lol. Yeah emo was apparently on the tail end of my teenage years when i got out of high school. Back then being emo would get you sent to a therapist. Somewhere in the last 13 years being like this is fashionable and we wonder why kids are becoming whiny morons.

Ya know, you guyz just don't have the brains those Hollywood types do, you gotta be hip, if your going to make a film that last the times, you have to take something from the now, something thats currently popular, like date the film to the now times, thats whatcha do, something thats classical. You masses and fans don't know what you want, Hollywood does.

My main problem with Superman is Superman himself. He can't be killed, he has awesome powers. Is he brave? Doesn't count, when you can't die, you have nothing to fear, so in essence, you don't need to be brave. People around him can and do die though. However, when you have virtually unlimited power you can sure protect them until natural causes take effect.

I wish I was smart enough to draw a comparison to Marvel's Hulk character "Maestro". However, there is some kind of comparison there.

Emotions for Superman, teenage Supes? Oh man, the character's outlived himself. It's time for an end to the character, let him "live" in his history and our memories. Find some way to have him fight an epic, terminating battle to save humanity, then die, really die, not come back, ever.

^^^Blasphemer!!!!!:lol

They scaled back his powers a number of years ago and removed all the baggage characters during the first Crisis. Then they brought everything that sucked back like the Red and Blue Superman all the way to Krypto over the years.

In other news, I'm watching Superman right now, and am at the part where Ms. Teschmacher needs a vigorous CPR treatment. Which led to me searching for Valerie Perrine on Google...with the safe search off. Yeah...

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back