Aussie options for a Han Solo DL-44 (ESB)?

conceitedape

Greetings, all!

Noob here w/first post. :)

I live in Victoria, AUS and am looking into (finally) putting together an ESB Han Solo costume... And, yes, I'm a screen accuracy nut. I've been doing a heap of research on all the other outfit components but was always doomed to hit a wall with the Blastech DL-44, thanks to local regulations. Just wondering if any fellow Aussies here have had success with local options (if any) for Han's sidearm. Feel free to PM me if you can offer any suggestions.:)
Brief Intro (and disclaimer): I've been an Indiana Jones costumer for many years and am well known on Club Obi-Wan and other forums, thus I have experience and an appreciation for responsible cosplaying; ie, I'm not a ****** when it comes to weapon replicas.
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :cool

Welcome . I bought the doopydoo's resin replica and got it sent here no problems. Alternatively my local army surplus stote has the metal replicas. You can then add the piston / bracket and scope which can all be purchased here individually.. The kit is pretty accurate though and has everything for the ESB blaster , just assemble and paint.

I live in Perth by the way.

Many thanks!
Looks great, though it appears to be the ANH version. Do you know if they do an ESB mold or would I have to modify it?
Also, I came across Blast-Tech and they seem to have a good flash hider, M-19 scope and fittings. Does that site come recommended?

Bast-tech are pretty good , You could always buy the dd and modify it with the bt parts , but at least you'll get them into Oz.

They are currently offloading all there excess stock and will not be restocking once sold out.

Last edited:
PLAN B

If you want an all metal version, you can find the same replica available overseas, as these are freely available in Victoria you will have no problem
getting it to you. A mate did this to get the Chrome PPK.
Not cheap but once youve gone metal, its hard to go back.

Although they are sold out at the moment, this place sells real mauser replicas.
Get in contact with them if you want to build up the accurate version around
it. I live in Victoria also and have had no trouble getting pistols from them,they cant send rifles to Victoria though.

Collectors Armoury & Militaria Australia

Hey has anyone here dealt with this site before? Are they reliable? I'd be fairly interested in making an order or two if they are.

Ah, awesome. Do you know where from, or should I perhaps try everything from Blast-Tech?

Blastech seems to have nice stuff for a easy buildup - but i would suggest you check every part for it´s screen accuracy before ordering, if accuracy concerns you. And if you want it to be "all metal", you better first check the material of every single part, too.

Regarding getting a metal Mauser for the buildup http://www.therpf.com/f9/han-solos-dl-44-metal-blasters-92790/ ... i order my Mausers here: Filmding.de - Mauser Automatic Kal. 7,63mm

Didn´t found other shops that could beat the 50€ price, and due to buying 2 at the same time i have no shipping costs in Germany.

For international shipping you have to ask them - i have no idea how they handle that.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back