Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Red Ranger Costume

sagelwwa

Still a work in progress. Working on the arm gauntlets now so they aren't pictured yet. Using Disguise licensed helmet for now until I come up with a more accurate replica helmet. Thanks to another member here I was able to try a sushiya helmet on today and unfortunately it is a bit too small for my head as I can't open my mouth in it. This costume is fully wearable.

Do you have any pics of you in the suit ? This stiff manny doesn't seem to make the costume real justice.

Do you have any pics of you in the suit ? This stiff manny doesn't seem to make the costume real justice.

lol, I am going to take some in-costume pics once I finish the gauntlets. Right now, he is standing beside me in the computer room and kind of creeping me out haha

It's really not that hard to find... Costumes>TV Costumes>Power Rangers. Here you go: Red Ranger Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Costume

Now back to this awesome build! Are you going to use a similar technique on the gauntlets as you did for the boots, with using vinyl to make the diamonds?

It's looking great, can't wait to see it finished.

-Nick

I do plan on doing the vinyl diamonds for the gauntlets too. I am working on that now. Also still trying to find a nice replica helmet that fits lol. Those tiny 'stunt' helmet replicas are just too small.

Do you remember what version of sushiya helmet it was? His first is one he sculpted and his second was cast from a stunt show helmet.

Ryu

Do you remember what version of sushiya helmet it was? His first is one he sculpted and his second was cast from a stunt show helmet.

Ryu

I am not sure :(
I am 99% it was the stunt helmet. My chin to forehead is approx 9" and I think thats the same for the stunt helmets. My head fits, but can't open my mouth or breath through my mouth.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back